Friday, September 29, 2017

The TIme For Change Has Come


Hey Gang:  You know that old saying, “All things have to come to an end.”  I pray Gramps Morning Thoughts and What’s Happening Man have been a good thing and even spurred each reader to get more involved in seeking a deeper walk with the Lord, but I believe the time has come to reduce the blog to one or two blogs per week. (If you don’t want to miss any you can subscribe to email notice.)

When God tapped me on the shoulder and suggested I was more concerned with passing down my ‘bangles and beads’ legacy to my family and loved ones than I was in passing down my spiritual legacy, I thought a few months, possibly a year of sharing my legacy would be sufficient and then I could put ‘Gramps’ to bed and let him fade into the sunset, kind of like the author.

 I must admit, I have been more than a wee- bit amazed that many of the original readers are still with me for the six years, since I sent out that first Gramps Morning Message -though more than a thousand Grampsmorningthoughts have gone out.  It had to be God!

There is no way this Pennsylvania Hillbilly kid could have done that without God feeding me and putting His words into my heart and mind.  In the first year, I simply wrote, to family and special friends, what I believed God was saying through me, but, at the end of the first year a very good friend suggested I send out the messages as a blog.  Without his leading and support, I am not sure the blog would have lasted very long. 

So, you can see that the blog has not been a solo endeavor but a team effort.  The bride-of-my- youth labored over each one, prayed over each one and corrected my bad grammar and spelling and fought with the computer.  In a sense, my part was the easiest, God dictated and I typed, and then I turned the rest of the process over to my bride.

So, unless you have memorized each one, since its inception, there is more than1000 blogs in the ‘Gramps’ file for future resources.  I suspect there may be times when something rings my bell and I will send out a message to those on our mailing list.

I thank you who sent words of encouragement over the years.  It would have been nice to hear from all who availed themselves of the blogs so that we could have actively prayed for each.   There were many times when I considered putting “gramps’ to bed, but a word would come from one of you that spurred me on.  There were also times when God put a fresh word in my heart and mind that I felt must go out.

We, my bride and I, wish you God’s richest blessings.  I pray He has rung your bell through what He has said through us and, you can always go to the archives and reread them.  We also pray that you will continue seeking daily encouragement from the Word.

Blessings,

Gramps

P.S.  So until further advised, the blogs will be sent on Tuesday’s and Friday’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment