Friday, June 1, 2018

Faith Cometh With Action! (Series #2) resend


Faith claims God’s promises.  Faith holds onto truth.  Faith reaches out to God for all He has in store:  Now unto Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us” (Eph. 3:20).

Hey Gang:  We felt the decision to move had been taken out of our hands.  The house had sold, the income tax had come back early, we were successful in changing vehicles and I had recovered from the tragedy of losing my sports car -well almost.  The word from Michigan was things were happening, but it needed my full-time attention. 

Perhaps the biggest factor in helping me make the decision was the war that was being waged over who would pay the bills on a young lad who had taken a woman’s life and would be incarcerated for many years.   As I watched this sadistic process, I made a vow to either find a way to help these kids or become a plumber’s helper.  Although I did not think I would have made a very good plumbers helper!

The trip across country was an exercise in total frustration - but also a lesson in God’s provision!  
But the real frustration came when I learned that there had been no organizational meetings and the farm we were going to use to begin the program did not pass muster.  Bottom line, except for the interest shown by the judges, nothing had been done!   We were assured upon arrival that the interest level was still very high and the need great and something was fixen’ to happen very soon!

Very soon turned into weeks and then months.  During that time, I became one of the very first ‘stay-at-home dads.  My bride, having a teaching degree, was immediately employable so she became the bread winner of our family and I became a do-it-all person in the community.  I did a little of this- farm work, and then some of that build furniture and supply at small church .  My favorite was to work in a sugar bush.  
  
After two years of my being ‘The only unemployed director of a non-existent Boys Home, I had about given up. I decided to take the bull by the horns and go and interview each of the persons who had not only shown interest in the project but consented to be the organizational Board.  
 
Interview one was set up and day arrived for the meeting.  My father-in-law, who traveled with me when we went looking for the perfect property for the project -but whose real job was to keep me sane while waiting for something to happen- was my companion that day.    
  
We were graciously received and, after twenty or so minutes of listening to what I felt God had called me to do (up root my family and move them cross country to do), he responded,  while opening a file drawer and taking out a file,  “Wonderful idea and a needed one but I am already a part of a group that has committed to develop such a program.  We have a young man in California who has put this together and agreed to come.”.

When I said to him, “I am that person”, he opened the file and said, “You are Kermit Hainley?”   There are no words to adequately describe the astounded look on his face.  After recovering from the shock, he said, “You moved your family here two years ago to begin this project and nothing has been done?”   

As I left his office that day with his commitment that something would be done very quickly, for the first time in two years the heaviness in my chest cavity began to subside.  Tune in tomorrow for the second chapter to this segment of the ‘Birth of Eagle Boys Village." 

Blessings, 

Gramps         


No comments:

Post a Comment