Tuesday, June 19, 2018

My God Shall!!



“But one whom you forgive anything I forgive also; for indeed what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, I did it for your sakes in the present of Christ, so that no advantage would be taken of us by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his schemes” (2 Cor. 2:10-11).

Hey Gang:   Wow, is this not one of those power verses we end to run by when in the Word? Paul has a tendency to ring our bells.  How often, in the two years that I was the “Unemployed director of a non- existent Boy’s Home did I allow my anxieties to roar up and my faith waiver as I questioned “Did I misread what I thought the Lord was telling me.”

With each passing day Satan’s voice grew louder that I was a total failure and a lousy provider for my family and, as the days passed, I became more convicted that I was just that, a lousy provider for my family. 

Was I like the guy in the story that was standing in the field and looked up to see an airplane writing “GPC” in the sky.    He became very excited as he ran from the field fully believing that God had just called him to “Go Preach Christ” but, in reality, it was a message for him “Go Plow Corn”.  

On the night, when a young man who had passed through my life several times and the system had failed horribly, came into my life one more time – but this time for the taking of a life -I made a vow to do something to help these kids, or become a plumber’s helper.   Had I misread what I thought I heard God said.  Perhaps. In reality, the message was “become a plumber’s helper!”. 

While writing the past four Morning Messages about that time in the wilderness and even feeling a wee bit sorry for myself, once again God sent me a very clear message in the form of a devotional by Rabbi Jonathan Cahn.  He compared the dasyupelis scabra or egg eating snake to Satan’s modus operandi.  In essence, Satan attacks the young in order to prevent their fulfilling the ministry that God had programmed into them.

He tried it with Moses.  We know the story of Pharaoh’s attempt to kill him as a baby.  (Satan inspired).  So, too was it in the days of Messiah’s infancy that King Herod tried to end His life.  What does this reveal?  That Satan likes to attack a coming ministry before it gets is feet firmly panted on the ground.  He likes to attack at the beginnings of God’s purposes.

Rabbi Cahn also included that God had promised to gather the Jewish people from the nations and resurrect the nation of Israel:  “But before the words of the prophets ere to be filled, a satanic fury broke forth on the earth in the form of Nazism, to wipe out the Jewish people before the propheces could be fulfilled, before Israel could be reborn.”   

As I thought of Rabbi Cahn’s words, it brought back a very clear picture of our trip from California to answer a call to come and develop a place for kids who needed a shirt tail to hang onto. It was a trip filled with major and minor problems from, Pittsburgh, California to Haysville, Ohio and the two years of utter frustration of waiting, and waiting, and waiting.  It was a time of war - for in our hearts and minds we were in a fertile field for Satan to continue to say “See, I told you so”.  
I especially appreciate, and believe with all my heart, Jonathan’s comment “The attack is a sign of how great is the calling, the blessing, the purpose, and the victory God has just ahead of you.  Just don’t give up but press on all the  from which more until you see those purposes break through their shell”.   

Winston Churchill was invited to bring the commencement speech at the school he graduated.  When introduced all settled into their seats, for he was known as a fantastic orator who tended to be a wee but long winded.  He approached the podium and stood silent for several moments and then gave his most famous speech: “Don’t give up!  Don’t give up!,  Don’t ever give up!” and went and sat down. 
In closing, my young friends and family I, echo Churchill’s words, “Don’t give up!” but would add when you are in the Lord’s will and work nothing will be impossible, as long as you realize that it is His strength that makes it happen. 

Blessings,

Gramps    

No comments:

Post a Comment