Friday, June 26, 2015

Do You Know What TIme It IS?


“Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy.  Though I fall I will rise; though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me.  I will bear the indignation of the Lord because I have sinned against Him, Until He pleads my case and executes justice for me.  He will bring me out to the light, and I will see His righteousness.”  (Micah 7:8-9).

Hey Gang:  Do I believe God laid it on my heart to begin to share “What’ Happing Man” with you?  Yes, but when you step into the gap, you must be willing to pay a price.   I have been under attack similar to when God laid it on my heart to develop the Village program.  The story of our traveling across country with all of our earthly possession in a pickup truck and a van and our four little ones under the age of 9, is truly a miracle story in itself.     

I have been a student of prophecy for many years because I like to know what is going on.  Recorded in John 14:29 Jesus said, Now I have told you before it happens, so that when it happens, you may believe”.  I have been amazed, in my tenure on this earth, that so few people are interested in knowing what is happening and where they are going.  Not me baby, I want to know all I can learn about the place Jesus said, “I go to prepare a place for you”.  

I mean, how awesome can that statement be?  The King of Glory has prepared a place for Kermit, who was and is a sinner/new creation in Christ, who is by no means perfect and in need of His forgiving grace.  If Jesus loved me enough to come and walk in my shoes and allow the so-called religious guru’s of His day to crucify Him to free me from the bondage of sin, wow, how can I turn my back on Him!!

Recently I tuned into an hour program of what folks would call the ‘prophetic gurus’. I listened to them discuss the question, “What is the greatest sign that is pointing to the coming of the Son  again, this time to collect His sheep”.   They each had their favorite subject, as I do, and presented clear and concise messages as to why they believed that their sign was the most dynamic. 

The longer I watched the program the more itchy I got to yell at the boob tube, ‘You are leaving out the most important sign of all time, Jesus Christ, Son of God who came to earth to save us poor retched creatures and He is preparing for the Wedding Feast of the Lamb for all those whose names are on the invitation roster in the Lamb’s Book of Life.   

No one mentioned that the greatest prophecy of the Bible is -- in the end we win!  In the end Satan and his minions will receive their just rewards and find themselves in the Lake of Fire.  In the end we, who have answered His invitation to open the door of our hearts and let Him in will be in the presence of the Son of God for all eternity.  Now my friends, that should fire you up, even in this day when “…everything that can be shaken is being shaken so that only those things that cannot be shaken will remain” (Heb. 12:27).   

Notice verse 29, “For our God is a consuming fire”.  Now change that and say after me (Your name) Kermit’s God is a consuming fire.  I read a rather lengthy article recently titled “Americans have little confidence in most of their major institutions including Congress, the Presidency, the Supreme Court, banks and organized religion’, according to the Gallup Poll.   Is that not tragic?

Soooo, my friends and neighbors, my Bible is open to those harrowing words by Jesus, “If, (pleased take note of the “if)”  If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire” (Rev. 20:15).   I don’t know about you but I bring all that I have into God’s storehouse so that He can equip me to be an ambassador and soul winner for Him.

When I read of the fate of those who do not know Jesus as Lord, it builds a fire in my soul to do everything I can to prevent even my enemies from standing before the Judgment seat of God and hearing, “Out of here I do not know you”.  It is my sincere opinion that there is not a second to waste.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment