Friday, April 21, 2017

Are You Looking UP?


“He will restore the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse” (Mal.4:6).  The last verse in the Old Testament. 

Hey Gang:  I suspect this is going to be one of those rambling times when I will end up going down several roads.  I have been asked to share what is on my heart with a couple groups, in the next week, and confess that is not as easy as when I was running all over the State representing Eagle Village.  Speaking is much like everything else we do, repetition does hone the wheel. 

My subject area will be what I know best, me and Eagle Village.  Recently, I had occasion to stand on what was commonly known to our family­­­ as Mount Nose’, and I look out over the Residential Campus.  Wow, how the memories flooded through my heart, soul and mind.  I remember the call from Myrtis McDonald, Probate Judge, with a plea for help.  “We have kids on the street with nothing to do, can you help?” 

Was that not what I was sent here for, Lord?  Think about it for a moment, we had a 453-acre piece of land, a cottage that had seen its better days, a cement block storage building with one toilet, a shower and sink. The Judge was asking me to open a camp within two months.  No staff, no money, absolutely nothing to cook with, feed with, tools to work with, tents to sleep the troops and worst of all no expertise on how one develops and runs a camp.  I did not have a clue what was in my immediate future.

One might call that first camp our first major miracle but that would not be true- for we had already experienced a steady stream of miracles from the moment God said, “I have something I want you to do”.  It is my heart’s desire to develop a paper on the seven major miracles that led to the development of Eagle Boys Village, before I retire my computer.   Well, I could go on for hours but that is not where I want to go this morning.

I want to share what God has laid on my heart as my next immediate assignment.  There are a few waiting in the wings that, if Jesus lingers and I linger, I pray I will have time and stamina to do but right now, I believe this is my calling. 

One night towards the end of 2010 I was working on my finances in preparation for the opening of income season.     While reconciling the check book I felt a tap on the should and a question, “Are you more concerned about what you will pass down to your kids in world finances than passing on your spiritual legacy?”.  Not a message I really wanted to hear- but yet a message I really needed to hear.

But, Lord, how do I continue to pass down their spiritual legacy to family when they are no longer under my roof?”  His answer, “Send them an email telling them how you feel about Me and them.”   I thought it would take a couple months and I would have said it all, but the months turned into a year and a dear friend suggested I change the format and develop a blog.  With his counsel and help we did just that.

Let me sum up this epistle by saying, we are into our seventh year of sending out blogs.  We have had over 50,000 hits in the US and several foreign countries; perhaps by accident but that’s okay.  God can take even accidentally planted seeds and use them for His glory.

Now, I have said all of this- on legacy, being a witness and my rambling, to bring you attention to the following.  I received an excellent overview of what is happening prophetically in our world at this very moment.   Jesus said, “When all these things are happening, look up for your redemption is drawing near.”  Please avail yourself to this blog and pass it down to you friends and family.  The address is grampswhatshappeningman.blogspot.com.

Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment