Friday, August 31, 2018

When Evil is Considered Good!

“Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Woe, too, those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight!  Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and valiant men in mixing strong drink, who justify the wicked for a bribe and take away the right of the ones who are in the right!” (Isaiah 5:20-23).


Hey Gang:  I was watching a program describing the devastation that is taking place in Hawaii.  As a watched the frantic people take only what they could carry and run for shelter, I could see the terror in their faces.   It brought to mind a recent article that I read telling me that perhaps there are as many as eight percent of the American people who read the Bible on a fairly-regular basis. 

Eight percent!  Paul in 2 Timothy 3 wrote these words: “But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.  For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power.  Avoid such as these”.  

As I watched the frantic running for higher ground, as the waters covered the land, I wondered, “Where do you go, when the whole world is crushing in around you and you have no relationship with the One who calms the storms – water or life? 

It brought back a memory that has been tucked in my mind these many years. One day I found myself in the midst of a fire that was rapidly approaching one of our residential units.  The wind was pushing the flames rapidly up the hill and our frantic attempts with rakes and brooms was to no avail.  Suddenly the flames Jumped over my head and I was surrounded by fire!

I could hear the sirens of the fire engines, but would they arrive in time to save me and the house?  I dropped the rake, threw up my arms and yelled at the top of my voice “Lord Jesus, stop the wind!”  I confess I was totally amazed at what happened, but I should not have been -for as believers in Christ we are blessed with God’s dynamic power through the Holy Spirit, the name of Jesus, the blood of Jesus Christ, and the Word of God. 

A co-worker, who was not a believer, and I stood in amazement! Not only did the wind stop, but the fire receded back down the hill into the pit where it started. By the times the fireman arrived the fire was out.  You see, my co-worked who was struggling with marital problems at that time, needed to see the power of God at work.  Luke wrote: “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you” (Acts 1:8).

My good friends, one has-to-be totally and completely blind, not only their head buried in the sand but their whole body, for we are living in the midst of the greatest shaking of the earth - all that can be shaken is being shaken.  If there was ever a time in history when we, as children of God, must have our whole armor in place- the helmet of Salvation firmly attached, with sword (the Word of God) in our hands and our lamps filled with the Holy Spirit - it is RIGHT NOW! 

Jesus warned, as His return for His children nears, many will have a form of Godliness by lack His power, stay clear of false prophet and leaders.

Prayer for this moment! “Almighty God, I thank You for the power you promised to be me.  Through faith, I appropriate your power in the here-and-now!” 

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment