Friday, January 11, 2019

Have You Thought About your Future Travel Plams?

“But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.  (Matt. 24:13).  But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” (Luke 21:28). 

Hey Gang: In my growing up years there was a program on radio, (there was no television yet which gives you some idea of how old I am) called “Can You Top This”.  The goal was to develop the biggest falsehood and, as I recall, each participant was very adept at putting together some huge whoppers.  Today there would be no interest in such a program because truth, honesty and integrity have become as hen’s teeth in our country and world.

In past years I started my day by checking the weather channel to see if I needed waders or tennis shoes for the day’s activities.  I then kicked on the overnight news headlines just to see how man has screwed up God’s perfect creation since the last depressing news cast.

 I have changed that format in recent months, I no longer check to see what nonsense has transpired in the halls of government, since the last news cast.  Why, simply stated, my nervous system can no longer handle what those in the news industry think I need to know. 

You see, one day when the news was especially vomit and sewer dominated, God seemed to whisper in my ear, ’Why do you want to fill your limited brain cells with all that garbage?’   He seemed to impress on my heart that inputting something that filled my heart, mind and soul with the joy of the Lord would be better for my mental health!

So, I made a promise to the Lord and myself that I would start my every day with Him, in His word, seeking His love, encouragement and guidance for me. That He would show me clearly the difference between the news that increased my power and witness as a warrior for Him than allowing a darkness to evade my heart as I stared the new day.  

Hey ‘gang:  I really don’t want to use Gramps Morning thought to share the tragic things that are happening in this once God- fearing great nation, but sometimes it is the only way to emphasize a point that I believe God would have me share.  Example!

I was in the Super Market replenishing our supply of oranges; while waiting for my turn at the check- out counter I noticed a very bold headlines on one of those smut-like magazines that announced the name of a young beautiful and very talented young lady who had been awarded a top actress award.  In her acceptance speech she said I give all credit to Satan who made this achievement possible.  

The word is filled with the signs of what will happen on earth, just prior to Father God saying to Yeshua, “Go, collect your family”.  Jesus gave us a clear picture of what those signs will look like in Matthew 24:1-9.  I would challenge you to look carefully at those nine signs and compare them to what is happening in our world today.  

If there were a Doom's-Day Clock on the tower where the ball drops signifying a New Years has started, I wonder where that Clock would be set right now.  How wondrous it is to know that we have a Savior, who is Christ the Lord, and He has made provision for us to be secure in His hands when Father God says “Time to bring Your bride home!"

Blessings,

Gramps

  

No comments:

Post a Comment