Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Do You Need A Lift?









“But now, O Lord, You are our Father, We are the clay, and the work of Your hand.” (Isaiah 64:8).  Know that the Lord Himself is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.”  (Psalms 100:3).

Hey Gang:  Did you ever sing a song that hit your wow-er button?  I mean that went straight to the control center of your heart.  Polymyalgia  does not like heavy humidity and high temperatures: It lets you know where every muscle and tendon is in your body
. 
Much as I hate to admit it, this ‘achyness’ began to eat at me and bring out the ‘why’ buzzards.  ‘Why, Lord, when doctors tell me Polymyalgia is a two to three year infirmity (and then it hunts someone else to bug) do I have to endure it for over ten years?’ 

Then Sunday arrived and Satan attacked the bride of my youth.  I do not believe he wanted me to hear a very special song that ministered to my soul.  Sunday School was out of the question but the ‘slight affliction’ could not stand in the presence of God’s answer to prayer and we went to church. 

Pastor Chris brought a powerful message and the Praise Team topped it off with the song “THE POTTERS HAND.  Perhaps you know this song.  If so, sing along as you read the words; if not absorb the words into your control center and bask in their glory.   

“Beautiful Lord, wonderful Savior, I know for sure all of my days are held in your hand, Crafted into Your perfect plan.  You gently called me into Your presence, Guiding me by your Holy Spirit, Teach me dear Lord, to live all of my life through Your eyes  I'm captured by Your Holy calling, Set me apart, I know You're calling me to Yourself, Lead me Lord, I pray.  Take me, mold me, use, me, fill me.”
I give my life to the Potter's hand…Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me…I give my life to the Potter's hand……

Sooos Gang, as you traverse through this day,  turn on the stereo systems God built into you at conception and sing along with me “Have Thine own way Lord, Have Thine own way.., Thou are the Potter and I am the clay… Mould me and make me after Thy will…While I am waiting, Yielded and still…”’

Blessings,

Gramps   

No comments:

Post a Comment