Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Three Minute Temptation Buster




I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever” (John 14:16)

Hey Gang:  I want to share a piece of wisdom that I have acquired on the roadways and by ways of this world.  Temptation is a way of life!  Now I am sure that is not a new revelation to you.  And temptation leads to which dog you will feed today – the white dog or the black dog.

Bruce Wilkerson, in his book The 3-Minute Temptation Buster ,made a point that I can identify with, each time I am confronted with temptation my emotions send me messages of internal agitation.  I once asked one of the Village boys, who had never been in church or never heard a teaching on love and reconciliation and did not have a clue who Jesus is,  if he knew that he was doing was wrong.  His response, “Ah, ya Man!  Something in here (chest cavity) lets me know.”

Now comes for the incredible thing – God gave us the Holy Spirit to be an ever-present source of comfort. When you are confronted with something that you know will grieve Jesus and the Holy Spirit, have you ever ask Him to comfort you in the time of temptation?

There is an old hillbilly saying, “You cannot keep the birds from flying over your head, but you certainly can keep them from building a nest in your hair.” Meaning, you cannot keep Satan from firing his temptation darts at you, but you certainly can keep you armor in place and repel them.

Soooo, my young warriors,  is it possible to become temptation proof?  Not as long as you are drawing breaths. BUT, Paul gives us the antidote for Satan’s darts: “No temptation has overtaken you but such as is commonto man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be temped beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.” (I Cor. 10:13).  Does that not set your feet to dancing?

Blessings,
Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment