Thursday, September 15, 2011

To Believe Is Not Enough!



















“You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”  You believe that God is one.  You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.  But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless. James 2:18-20

Hey Gang:  I want to share a common cancer that has infiltrated the body of Christ - that “to believe is enough”.  I believe in my bride, I believe in her love, her integrity, her faith, her commitment to her Lord and me.  She supports me in most things I do, is a constant source of encouragement.  But is that enough?

I appreciate her, honor her, esteem her but is that enough.  All these things are essential in a husband-wife relationship, but, if I do not show the faith that I have in her without my works, “I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal” (I Corinthians 13) in the relationship.   

All the things mentioned above are important, but, if I don’t spend time with her, show my affection, demonstrate my love for her with all my heart, the relationship will die on the vine.

The same is true of our relationship with Jesus.  We may believe in Jesus with all of our being, but, if we don’t talk, spend time with Him and do the things that show our love, our relationship with Him will also die on the vine.

Jesus said, “Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me”.  (Matt. 25:45).  As Chaplain, I would ask the boys, “What is the most important word in the English language?”  I would receive a multitude of words but not the one that impacts on eternity- the word NOT I can think of no more frightening, agonizing word than to hear Jesus say “I know you NOT”.

Sooo, my young friends, how is your relationship with Jesus this morning?  Have you talked with Him this morning?  Have you opened your heart to His leading this morning?  Have you said to Him, “Here am I, Lord, use me!

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment