Sunday, October 23, 2011

In The Midst Of Trials








“For God not only loved, but continues to love us, so much that He sent His only Son to pave the way for us to be Sons of God and know that He will never leave us or forsake us.”  (Hainley rendition)

Hey Gang:  Gramps had another thought prepared for today but I sensed God saying, “Slow down, Buster Brown, and let Me re-emphasize several things that we need to have tucked away in our hearts and minds.  
As you know we just returned from a month away from our home base, two plus weeks of that time volunteering our services at Voice of Martyrs.  

We decided that it might be best if we detoured on our route home and spend a couple days of rest and relaxation at one of our favorite spots on this earth, Branson, Missouri.  While there we had warm fellowship with some kin folks and went to see the stage play\musical “Noah”.  Words will not describe this awesome production. 

But, as I sat there, my mind began to remember all the awesome things that God has done in our world and what He want to do  in our lives.  The creation story is awesome, the story of Moses in the wilderness leading His children to the Promise Land is awesome, the parting of the sea, the many times He protected His chosen people when enemies tried to annihilate them, the sending of His Son to prepare a way for us to one day be with Him, the opening of the way for Israel to once again be a nation for the Jewish people, all awesome..

And His prophetic word - which gives us the roadmap that one day Satan will be cast into the Lake of Fire for all eternity, and we will enjoy the awesome fringe package He has prepared for His children!

As I thought of these awesome things that God did for you and me, I also began to think of the awesome promises that gave us in His Word; such things as “Hey, gang, I love you with a depth that you can never understand;” “I will supply all your needs”, “I will never leave you or forsake you”  and the other thousand promises placed in His Word exclusively for His children.

As I sat there my mind returned to the day I stood on the Mount of Olives and looked down across the Kidron Valley to the Gate Beautiful and remembered the awesome promise that Jesus will once again plant His feet on the top of that sacred mountain, cross the Kidron Valley and enter the Gate Beautiful to rightfully take back the Kingdom that is His.

Yes, his roadmap is awesome, but there is one awesome piece that is yet to be completed. He has not come back for me  -YET but He is going to complete this task one day soon. 

Sooooo, all ye that are heavy laden, look up, for I sense He is preparing for that day when He will collect all those whose name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life and take us to that awesome place prepared by the God of the creation for His children.  Can you say “Thank you Lord!.

Blessings,

 Gramps

PS – Jesus left His place, to come to my place, to die in my place, to take me to His place!  Gma




No comments:

Post a Comment