Sunday, March 11, 2012

Who Is Your VInedresser?

Holy Land Picture of the Day  
Sa'ar Falls on the Golan Heights (ICEJ Staff photograph)Sa'ar Falls
Today's picture is of the Sa'ar Falls on the Golan Heights. It reminds us of the words of our Lord from John 7:37-38; "Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water'"

 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser” (John 15:1)

Hey Gang:  If you have been following the recent blogs and gmails from gramps, you know my bride and I have been volunteering at Voice of Martyrs preparing mailing to their many supporting warriors.  My job was feeding envelopes on to a conveyor belt that took them through a feeding machine, sealing and preparing the materials for mailing.  How many know that any trained chimpanzee could do this job, probably with more accuracy that the writer of this morning epistle – not that I am comparing yours truly to a chimpanzee!

This feeding the machine gave my mind many hours to review, recycle and come up with some new ideas.  I have been leap frogging through the Bible since arriving here picking up many of those themes that have grown to be very special to me.  How many out there know we need to have some very special themes tucked away in our heads for those days when we need a picker upper. 

This morning I opened my Bible to John 15.  It was no accident that it opened to John 15 because I often open the Word intentionally to John 15.     I call it the ‘IF’ chapter or prerequisites to walking in the fullness of God and His Word.  (His best)    Prerequisites to living a life filled with the joy that Christ wants to shower on you.

I love to get off by myself and read Jesus’ awesome words in this passage, “I am the vine and you are the branches,”  Wow! Lord, how fan-tab-u-lous.  You mean I can be a branch in Your vine – does that not fill your heart with warm wiggley’s?

Wonderful, yes, but notice the next ‘IF’, ’IF’ anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away – to where? – “to be cast in the fire and they are burned” (v.6).

Soooo, my young friends, ‘if’ I were to place a title on this gramps message it would be, ‘Where is your electrical cord plugged into to?”  Have you plugged your power cord into God’s power supply?  Are you truly ‘locked and loaded’ into the vine?.  I do not mean in a 30 watt system or even a 50 watt system, but into to God’s power supply- the only power supply with sufficient power to take you through every wilderness experience you will encounter this day?

“Then he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord, ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord”  (Zech 4:6)  Hey gang, glue that to the inside of your eyeballs for those times when the alligators are up to your armpits and the swamp is rising.

Blessings, 

Gramps


No comments:

Post a Comment