Sunday, April 15, 2012

Are You Working Towards Perfection?


Holy Land Picture of the Day  
Israeli built road in the Negev (ICEJ staff photograph)Road in the Negev

Today's picture is of a modern road, built by Israel, running through the Negev Desert in southern Israel. It reminds us of Isaiah 43:19 "behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in.
  

“Therefore I urge you, brethren by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living an holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you  may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. (Rom 12:1-2) 

Hey Gang:  When I was a student in  high school I was plagued with a number of very bad teachers.  They just did not know how to teach me how to use the King's English, nouns, verbs and participles and all those other weird sounding words in the right form.  Now, I want you to understand it had nothing to do with my attitude, if they would have been good teachers they would have overcome my bad learning habits and poured the things I needed to learn into my head!

And then I went to college, and low and behold, I learned very rapidly those inept teachers from high school notified the college profs that there was going to be a real oaf coming their way.  Now I ask you, does that make any sense at all?  You notice I never mentioned the real culprit in this story.    I was a lousy student with a lousy attitude. 

Now let me share a piece of wisdom, or understanding, or perhaps I just got smarter.  When God created me he wired me with all the wiring I would ever need to succeed and be of benefit to Him.  But, until I picked up the plug to my electrical system and plugged it into His electrical system , I was on a dead end street.
But then something happened, I was blessed with two very significant events in my life that made me implement Paul’s advice above and begin to be transformed by the renewing of my mind, I met a girl who was on the right track and a witness of God’s amazing transforming grace and I enlisted in the Air Force.  Both of these influences showed me what a dunce I was and opened the way for a transforming of my mind.

Soooo, my reason for telling you this saga today is it is an anniversary day of sorts:  Today marks Gramps Morning Thoughts number two hundred.  Now I want to make a confession that I pray will help all of you who have not gone through the renewing of mind process – God will give you all you need to fulfill the mission He has for you no matter how badly you blew your past - YOU CHOOSE!

 All those bad teachers that I was plagued to sit under would agree that the student they knew could never write one message let alone two hundred.  Nor could I, for it took a transforming of my mind, before I realized that only God through me could accomplish the plan He had for me.  I still do not know what nouns, verbs or participles are but that does not seem to matter to God -(Only to teachers -Gma J).

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment