Thursday, April 5, 2012

For God So Loved You and Me


Hey Gang; How does one understand the gift that our Lord gave to us on Calvary’s Hill? As I pondered this question, these words from two Gaither songs seemed to say what is in my heart this morning:

“There's a line that is drawn through the ages. On that line stands an old rugged cross On that cross, a battle is raging- To gain a man's soul or it's loss. On one side, march the forces of evil- All the demons, all the devils of hell; On the other, the angels of glory And they meet on Golgotha's hill! The earth shakes with the force of the conflict And the sun refuses to shine, For there hangs God's son, in the balance, And then through the darkness he cries, ‘It is finished- the battle is over! It is finished, there'll be no more war! It is finished, the end of the conflict; It is finished and Jesus is Lord! Yet, in my heart, the battle was still raging, Not all prisoners of war had come home. These were battlefields of my own making, I didn't know that the war had been won. Oh, but then I heard -the King of the Ages Had fought all the battles for me; And that victory was mine for the claiming, And now praise His name, I am free!”

“The market place is empty, no more traffic in the streets. All the builders’ tools are silent, no more time to harvest wheat. Busy housewives cease their labors, in the courtroom no debate. Work on earth is all suspended as the King comes through the gate!  Oh, the King is coming, the King is coming! I just heard the trumpets sounding and now his face I see. Oh, the King is coming, the King is coming, praise God he's coming for me!  Happy faces line the hallways, those whose lives have been redeemed; Broken homes that He has mended, those from prison he has freed. Little children and the aged hand in hand stand all aglow, Who were crippled, broken, ruined, dressed in garments white as snow.  I can hear the chariots rumble, I can see the marching throng, The flurry of God's trumpets spells the end of sin and wrong. Regal robes are now unfolding heaven's grandstand's all in place, Heaven's choir is now assembled= start to sing Amazing Grace! Oh, the King is coming! The King is coming! Oh, the King is coming the King is coming...He's coming for me!!!”

“Jesus said, ’When all of these things happen, look up- for your redemption is near.’” (Luke 21:28).

I wish you all a very joyous Resurrection celebration.  Be sure in the midst of your day, you take a moment and get alone and thank the Father, Son and Holy Spirit for their love for you and me.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment