Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Becoming A New Lump



"Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened.  For Christ our Passover also had been sacrificed"  (I Cor. 5:7).  "Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ be reconciled to God.  He made Him who know no sin to be sin on our behalf so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him"  (2 Cor. 5:20-21)..

Hey Gang:  I pray that each of you, who avail yourselves of Gramps and Gma's Morning Thoughts, will do a spiritual house cleaning and clean out the old leaven and recommit to being a new lump for Yeshua Ha Mashiah in the coming year.

I am writing this from my study on Woodward Avenue but it will find its way into your electronic devices from Bartlesville, Oklahoma.    What joy it is to begin this New Year here, doing some small labor of love to let those that are enduring persecution know that a Christian brother and sister loves them and is praying for them.

As I asked the Lord for words that might dig deep in the souls of all who read His words through me, the words of John 3:16 were in such bold print.  These words are so very familiar.  As a child in Sunday School, I always used these words, along with "Jesus Wept", to get the star for the week for memorization- although they were simply words to fill an immediate need.

But one day, I am not sure exactly when, but this I know the day was one when the sky was falling and alligators rampaging, God opened my eyes of understanding  to what the words really meant. Wow, Lord, You mean You really love this worthless, hillbilly kid so much that you would send your only begotten Son, the God -man, into this world to die for me because you loved me!

Really, Lord, you did  not send the Lamb of God who would be slain to remove the sins-burden that I had carried for so long - not to judge me and punish me -  for my indiscretions but that I might be saved through Him.

You mean I could really " be buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, SO I MIGHT WALK IN NEWNESS OF LIFE".?(Rom. 6:4). 

Since that day the phrase "Newness of life" has always carried a very special meaning for me.  I once walked the Village Campus, as I did often, and came across the limb of a tree that had broken from the mother tree but by one thin thread, still attached. This provided enough life to keep the sap flowing through its veins.  That picture remains fixed in my head, for I saw many children and families in the same condition  -but there was life and I was determined to dig it out with "Newness of life". 

Newness of life contains a freshness and hope that compares to the breaking forth of new life in the Spring when God releases all the trees to bring forth their leave and seeds in the ground to bring forth new greenness and beauty of the flowers.

And, what an awesome promise God gave to us when He promised "The former things have passed away...Behold, I will make all things new. (Rev. 21:4-5).  Jesus, after listing all of the things we see happening in our world today that point to the "end of times", concluded with this promise "Look up for your redemption draws near"  (Luke 21:28).   

Sooooo, "Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves!  Or do you not recognize this about yourselves,  that Jesus Christ is in you - unless indeed you fail the test?".....For we rejoice when we ourselves are weak but you are strong; this we also pray for, that you be made complete"......Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made completed, be comforted be like minded, live in peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you".   (2 Cor. 13:5/9/11).

Our prayer for you from us to you is "become a new lump for Yeshua Ha Masiah!

Blessings    Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment