Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Butt In -Part Two

(Check for special Bonus Saturday)


"Oh, that I had wings like a dove!  I would fly away and be at rest.  Behold, I would wander far away, I would lodge in the wilderness.  I would hasten to my place of refuge from the stormy wind and tempest." (Ps. 55:6 - 8)

As I laid on the rack (bed) last night, God reviewed what I had written in the first ‘Butt In’ message and prodded me to finish what is lurking in the depths of the heart on this subject.  So here goes part two.
I found myself asking Abba Father which of these we failed to fulfill –humbling? Praying? or as Paul said in Colossians three, ‘have failed to die to self and put off all those things that offend the Holy Spirit?  In that loving - quiet voice He simply said, "YES".  I wanted to put blame on someone for the failure of having Father God honor my prayers and put into office the people I had determined would lead us out of the wilderness.

I had forgot that passage where He told me I am to honor and pray for the leaders that He, notice the ‘He places on the throne’.  I was ready to throw some boulders at the glass walls where I had found myself.   

As I thought of the two million Christians who voted to send the very people who had caused many of the problems facing our nation back for another shot at fixing the mess, I had a hard time seeing the image in the mirror for the boulders in the beholder’s eyes.

When the light began to creep through the anger that I had allowed to become ingrained in my heart and soul, God began to remind me of the many power verses that I have used as themes in these blogs that He has written through me. He began to remind me of the mega times I had hit a clinker and He bailed me out.  He reminded me of the times when the alligators were up to my armpits and climbing and suddenly the dark clouds parted and His light began to shine.

He reminded me of verses that I have grabbed hold of when the sky seemed to be falling.  "My God shall supply"I will never leave you or forsake You;”  “I will take even the most difficult experiences of your life and turn them for good”  “I am the way, the truth and the life”;  And the anchor that has filled my heart for 79 years, "For God so loved me that He sent His Son to take my sins to a hideous cross and set me free from the bondage of sin".

Soooo, I have talked of God's covenants in these morning messages but I want to go a step further. Jesus had a great deal to say about covenants. He referred to Irrevocable Covenants, Conditional Covenants and Unconditional Covenant.  He talked about the word measure in the same light as covenant.  In Matthew Jesus said, "We will be judged in the same measure that we judge others.” (Matt. 7:2).  In Luke 6:38 we are told, “Give and it will be given to you in the same measure that you give."

 But the most profound Covenant, one that we see being tested in this day and age is the Abrahamic Covenant where God said, “I will bless those who love bless you and  curse those who curse you".  (Gen 12:3).  On this Covenant rest the blessing or the curse of this Age.  (Check recent blog -"Did Your Ears Perk Up").

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment