Friday, May 13, 2016

Do You Know What You Believe?


“But you, O mountains of Israel, you will put forth your branches and bear your fruit for My people Israel; for they will soon come…For I will take you from the nations, father you from all the lands, and bring you into your own land.  Then I will sprinkle water on you, and you will be clean…I will put a new heart and put a new spirit with you and remove your heart of stone….And you will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers; so you will be My people, and I will be your God”  (Ezek. 36:8…24-28).

Hey Gang:  I think I mentioned, in one of the morning messages, there are two great blasphemies growing around the world that will lead to hearing God say “I know you not” on that day we all stand before Him.  If I did NOT, let me mention them again. One is “Replacement Theology” which believes that Israel is no longer the “Apple of God’s Eye”.  If I had time, I would give you a hundred or so verses that dispute this misconception.

I have heard many folks tell of fears that lurk in their heart about what is happening in our country, ie. the coming election, the falling away of our Nation from God, and a multitude of other fears that continue to gain momentum daily.   I, too, have my concerns over these issues, but I believe the Replacement Theology blasphemy is the most dangerous for it is a direct attack on God.

Notice the warning given to us by Joel: “I will gather all the nations’ (He has nearly completed this task).  I have a poster on my wall that was published by the Wall Street Journal that shows How the UN Divides the World. On one side it lists all the nations of the world but one, and on  the other - one nation in very bold print “Israel”!

 Joel goes on and says, “I (God) will bring them (the Nations) down to the valley of Jehoshaphat.  Then I will enter into judgment with them there,  on behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel”.  Now, pay special attention to the rest of Joel’s words in this verse: “ Whom they have scattered among the nations; and they have divided up My land” (Joel 3:2).

Now turn with me to Zechariah 12:2-3. In these verses we have a perfect description of what is truly happening in the ‘Apple of God’s eye, Jerusalem: “Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that causes reeling to all the peoples around; and when the siege is against Jerusalem, it will also be against Judah.  It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples” (Zech. 12:2-3a).  Hey, gang; truer words where never recorded.

 In this day when “…everything that can be shaken is being shaken so that only what cannot be shaken will remain (Heb. 12:26-29), it is more than important that we keep our noses in the Word and see what God is doing. 

Habakkuk, in a similar time- when it appeared that God was not as active as he would like -cried out, “How long Oh Lord, will I call for help and You will not hear?  I cry out to You, violence!” Yet you do not save. Why do You make me see iniquity, and cause me to look on wickedness?

God’s response was clear and to the point: “Look among the nations, Observe, Be astonished, Wonder!  Because I am doing something in your days – You would not believe if you were told” (Hab. 1:1-3/5).  I believe that is so.  We have lost two sons, David and Michel and a grandson, Ryan, all avid horseman – maybe helping to get horses ready.

Revelation 19 verse 11 tells me “The heavens will open and we will behold a white horse and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in His righteousness He judges and wages war”.  In verse 14 we read, “The armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses”.   My good friends, I expect to be part of that army!  I believe, if your name is recorded in the Lamb’s Book of Life, you, too, will be a warrior in God’s army.

Blessings,

Gramps
PPS  Check this post on Saturday for a thoughtful note from Anne Graham Lotz

No comments:

Post a Comment