Friday, June 3, 2016

Do You Get the Picture?


“And again I say, “The things which you are doing are not good; should you not walk in the fear of our God because of the reproach of the nations, our enemies?” (Neh. 5:9).  “So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith” (Gal. 6:10).
Hey Gang:  We have no king who has in his hands all power, but we do have a President who, one might say, acts like a despot who has all power.  On the day he was inaugurated as “Commander in Chief, he made a profound statement that has become so very true, “I am going to change the direction of America”. 
We are rapidly nearing that day when we will have the option to endorse the dangerous and destructive policies of the past eight years or to choose to revert back to the years when our Nation was “One Nation, under God, with liberty and justice and freedom for all.”
Anna Graham Lotz, daughter of world renowned evangelist Billy Graham, recently sent out a message calling on Christians to evangelize, warning that America is experiencing the last stages of God’s judgment before the end of human history.  
To the question, ‘Is America getting better or worse?” she answered, “It’s getting worse.  I am not calling for the country for repent, although I would love for that to happen, but I am calling on “God’s people who are called by God’s name.’  I am calling on Christians and Believers. I am calling on them to return to God with all of their hearts and cry out for His mercy, because it is getting worse.
“What should people be praying for?”  Her answer was clear and concise: “Pray that God’s will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.  Pray that Jesus comes quickly; that the Gospel will be preached around the world before the sky falls.
On November 26, 2000, during a high point of a yearlong revival at the First Assembly of God Church in Grand Rapids, the following prophecy was given:
 “Yea, I will indeed bring this nation to their knees but, it will be the knees of my people, and they will push back the forces of darkness and yea, I will still crush the hand of the enemy.  Yea, your forefather’s prayers were not in vain and those things that fought for I will restore.  Yea, I am a God who is in control.  Yea, I will make the nations of the earth laugh at America but their laughter will be turned back upon them for I am the Lord Thy God and I am in control and yea, I will bring forth the banner as My people pray. Yea, I will bring forth Holy righteousness into this nation again.  Yea, I will pour out My Spirit and I will put My arms around this nation as I have never done before and yea, it shall be powerful, and all the nations shall look upon he earth and upon this nation as a holy nation once again”.
“I prayed to the Lord my God and confessed” “O Lord, the great and awesome God who keeps his covenant of love with all who love him and obey his commands” (Daniel 9:4). 

So my friends, what should we be praying very diligently for?  Note: 2 Chronicles 7:7 begins with the little word most would say is insignificant, “IF”.  When I come to one of those little trigger words of the Bible I tend to stop and pay special attention to them, for, in most cases, a principle follows that can have a great impact on my/your life.

 Here the writer warns: when the alligators are active and nipping at your heels, you need to pay attention to verse fourteen, ”…and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land”. 

Do have a clear understanding of the picture?

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment