Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Your Way or God's Way, That is the Question...Con't Again


“Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience” (Eph. 5:6).  “See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to elementary principles of the world rather than according to Christ” (Col. 2:8).

Hey Gang:  When the disciples asked Jesus, “Tell us, when will these things happen and what will be the sign of Your coming, and the end of the Age?” (Matt. 24:3). Jesus laid out a scenario that reads much like the New York Times.  Notice His first warning, a warning that He continuously reminds us throughout our reading of the red, “See to it that no one misleads you.  For many will come in My name saying, “I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many”.  (vs. 4-5).

Last night I put my mind in neutral and ask the Lord to put His words into my heart and mind and His words show up on the page and not my words.  I thought I had a pretty clear picture of what I should send along to you but this morning my mind is kind of filled with that hillbilly mush (YUK) that my mamma prepared every morning to give us the sustenance needed to keep our ships afloat for the day.
 
So, if it appears I am doing some RAMBLING THIS MORNING PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT I AM.  But stay with me. I do have a clear picture that my days of writing these morning epistles is rapidly coming to an end, whether it be by my choice or God’s choice by taking me home. 
 
When I began this series on ‘Your Way or God’s Way’ it was to share a burden that has been banging around in my head for more than a year.   It was a burden that surfaced as I watched how they prepared SWAT Teams for action.   It was a very enlightening piece which I had full intention of filing it in the “Never to be used file” but…..

Now for the burden.  God’s church that I attend is a blessing.  The word is clear, the singing and praise wonderful.  On Easter Sunday there were 1300 people who attended one of the three services.  Uplifting, yes, indeed, but, In the weeks that followed I attend two Bible/prayer meeting evenings. Roughly a dozen attended one and perhaps as many as twenty in the other.  The bride-of-my-youth was much more optimistic stating that more than a hundred attend the Woman’s monthly gathering.

Several Sunday’s ago the Lord impressed upon me to do a time study of the service, which I obediently did.  I discovered that roughly one half of the hour service consisted of praise and worship, announcements, and offertory and the remainder on the sharing and teaching of the word.

 So what is the point?   If you were restricted to feed your physical body on one twenty- minute input of food once a week, how long would your body survive?  I don’t think I need to purse this further, so let’s ramble on.

I happened to tune in to one of those million or so discussion programs and happened to hear one of the pastor presenters make the argument that America was down the chute and could never recover.  That sounded kind of blasphemous to me, because my Word tells me that God created everything we survey and, if He created it, he certainly can fix it.  My Bible also says that “God is all powerful and nothing is impossible for Him.”

But let’s take that a step or two farther.  To live in America, now I understand the longer our country exists under the “Let’s kick God out of everything and exalt the evil one’ chances of people coming to the full knowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord is becoming less than a dominate force.

There is much more I would like to say here but let’s skip to the bottom line.  In the first blog of this series I mentioned that after the 9/11 tragedy, the churches were full but within months they were back to business as normal.  

Well, let’s stop rambling and hit the main button.  Me, myself, and I believe that to grow up in America is to come in contact with God, or something pertaining to God; a seed is planted in your inner most being whether you like or not.  I believe it would be hard pressed for you not to have seeds lurking in your heart waiting for you to open the door and let God in.    

I also believe that, if another 9/11, or something far worse should happen in our country, the same thing would happen that a happened in New York – the churches will be filled.  I also know that the people who came seeking did not find, therefore, they did not continue to seek.

Conclusion for you to chew on: is it time for every church in America to develop SWAT Teams in their churches in preparation for that day.  In other words, is it time to build teams of folks who love the Lord, and are grounded in the Word to come together in Spiritual Warfare Advanced Training teams that are prepared and ready to hit the doors- when the seeds that are lurking in the hearts of many become alive and seeking the Light to make them grow?

From my heart to yours.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment