Monday, June 27, 2016

Your Way or God's Way, That is the Question- Continued


“But when a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.  Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.  But to all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit” (2 Cor. 3:16-18).

Hear Gang, In the last Morning Message, I gave an overview of the process that I was subjected to in moving me from near illiteracy in the duties of an air traffic controller to a fully checked out radar controller.  Perhaps it was a wee bit lengthy but I was trying to lay a foundation for what is to come – I think! 

Those of you who have been faithful readers of the past five years and the nearly nine hundred messages know I sometimes tend to do a lot of rambling. The bride-of-my-youth, nearing our fifty ninth year together, often describes our team- teaching as her giving the facts and I add the color commentary.   To that I plead guilty.

This morning as I write this epistle I am half writing and half listening.  They are discussing the recent mass murder in Orlando and the jist of the conversation is the need to ban guns from our country. If there would have one person with skills to handle a shooter, (Rooster Cogburn language) perhaps there would be 50 people alive and 53 others not confined to hospital beds.

It has been proven that where there a many who have skills with weapons the crime rates, including use of fire arms, has gone done. 

Now I ain’t to smart folks but, if we take guns firm the law bidding citizens who would have the guns?  Are folks so naïve as to believe the evil element would walk into the police station and turn over their weapons of war? As I saw one politician said.   And, if I recall correctly, was it not nineteen misguided souls with box cutters who brought down four aircraft and killed over two thousand people? 

The point, if you have evilness in your heart, Satan will accommodate you and provide all the tools you will need to complete your heinous acts. The point I was trying to make with the ATC training program was that it was a total training program with sufficient foundation skills to safely and proficiently do the job.

Now let’s take a peek at anther ‘Rabbit Track’ that I believe sets the stage for something that God has banging on me for more than a year.  Several years ago I came across an article written by someone whose name I do not recall.  That happens when you get to be old as dirt.

It was an article based on research done after 9/11 and what happened in the local churches the following Sunday after the catastrophe.  The research proved that nearly every church showed a significant increases in the numbers of pew-fillers that next Sunday, some even to over flowing capacities.

The study also proved that, as the Sundays passed and there were no additional attacks, the numbers began to dwindle until it was back to the averages 9/11 within several months.  When a follow-up study was done of those who came a couple times but did not continue, the answers were amazing in their similarity and their content.  Simply stated, the answer:” I went seeking, and did not find!”

Well Folks, I did it again, I ran out of space. Soooo, I will close this epistle and pick it up in the next blog.  I pray you will stay with me through these messages for I believe they are super important for what is coming down the road for America. 

Something to think about in preparation for the next morning message: if a hundred people who were filled with fear and anxiety came to your church next Sunday, are there Believers there ready to take them under their wings and walk with them through the shadow and valley of what is terrifying them?

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment