Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Are You A Vacillator?


“How long will you hesitate between two opinions?  If the Lord is God follow Him, but if Baal, follow him.  But the people did don’t answer him a word.” (I Kings 18:21).

Hey Gang:  I wonder what would happen, if Elijah the Tishbite showed up before President Trump and said, “As the Lord, the God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, surely there shall be neither dew nor rain these years, except by my word” (vs. 1b).   Do you think it would make the front page of the Wall Street Journal?    

How many out there believe that we need an Elijah the Tishbite to visit the halls of Congress and ask the question, “How long will you hesitate between two opinions?

As I watched the on-going rhetoric between the gangs of donkeys and elephants over whether or not we should bite the bullet and begin to get our nations finances under control,   I think of Elijah’s conflict with the prophets of Baal. 

His challenge, “I alone am left a prophet of the Lord, but Baal’s prophets are 450 men”.  I am sure the prophets of Baal thought this was going to be a piece of cake - much like the Arab nations felt in their four wars with Israel.  I sense, today, prophets of the Lord are no longer an endangered species -in the belt Way but rather extinct.   

We know the results of this so-called ‘tug of war.” God cleaned the prophets of Baal’s clock -but notice what happened next, Elijah was not satisfied to win the day but also, to prevent a renewal of the problem tomorrow,: “They seized the prophets of Baal and slew them, all 450 down by the brook Kishon.”    No, I am not advocating we kill those who oppose God’s ways.  
   
Is there a solution to the mess we have made of our Nation?  Elijah would say yes, “Answer me, O Lord, answer me, that this people may know that You, O Lord are God, and that You have turned their heart back again” (vs. 38).  The solution is not in the halls of Congress, or in the Oval Office but in the people who are called by His name. 

Franklin Graham 2016 Decision America Lansing MI

He gave us the solution in 2 Chronicles 7:14: “…and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and win heal their land.” 

I am concerned about our country.  As I compare our nation today with past civilizations I see a very familiar pattern and that frightens me, not for my sake, but for the mess my generation is leaving my grandkids and great grands.  When I see the constant gridlock in our nation, I often feel like I am seated on a deck chair on the Titanic.  But I also know My God knows how to handle the impossible.

Does that mean I am, ready to throw in the towel?  In no way!  For I know that God’s dynamic power is available to us through the Holy Spirit, the name of Jesus, the blood of Jesus Christ, and the Word of God.  These sources of power enable us to face any situation with courage and confidence.  They are the sources of unlimited power, and we appropriate them through faith in God’s Word.

So, make sure your armor is in place with Helmet of Salvation securely fastened and that your lamp is filled with the power of the Holy Spirit and you have your sword in hand, which is the Word of God, and report for duty as a warrior ready for battle. 

Blessings,

Gramps






Blessings,

Gramps 

No comments:

Post a Comment