Wednesday, June 21, 2017

-DO You? Yes, But!


“But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me” (Psalm 13:5-6).

Hey Gang:  Depending on your age, you have heard the Easter Message many, many times.  I have heard it for 83 years- heard it, sung it and even participated in plays that put told the message of the price Jesus was willing to pay for releasing us from the bondage of sin. 

As a growing lad, I looked forward, with great anticipation, to the beginning of rehearsals for the coming Easter play.  It was a special time of fellowship, being part of the rehearsals and looked forward with great anticipation to the night when the church would fill and we would present the finished product- it was a neat time. 

But the reason!  What was the reason we were celebrating the death of this man called Jesus?   Oh, I had heard the story many times and even mouthed the words “Yes, I believe” but,’ as the parable of seeds warns, some words fell on stony places, some by the road where there was no good earth and some amongst the thorns and were soon overcome by the glitter of the world.   As I recollect, I really was not interested in the ‘Reason for the Season’ at that time in my life.

When asked, “Do you? My quick answer was, “Yes, I do”; but I was quick to escape before the follow up questions came. 

It was not until God sent a wonderfully-grounded lady into my life that I began to see how very ugly I was inside.  You see she did not buy into my ungodly ways, often trucking off to church without me.  Through her consistent witness my conscience began to prick my heart and soul.  Did it happen immediately?  No, it took a few years of her consistency.  It certainly didn’t hurt that I had parents and In-laws who were faithful in taking me to the throne room. 

I have heard many people avow that when they gave their hearts to Jesus it was like when the disciples received the Holy Spirit.  That would have been wonderful but not my experience.  I just kind of grew into seeing the need to put all my eggs into His basket.    

I have gained deep respect for Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, since reading his first book The Harbinger.   I believe he could be a prophet for our day.  We, my bride and I, begin our day with a daily read from his latest The Book of Mysteries, a yearly devotional. we end the day with a reading from the Sapphires, a monthly devotion that he sends out to all who help him with his ministry. 

Last night, his entry was titled The Yeshua Entrance.  As I read it, I sensed I had to send it out to you, unabridged.  Read it carefully and slowly.   Read it to each other and your children.  Remember to go or hear an Easter message is only so many words unless you understand that, “God so loved you, He sent His only begotten Son…  to die on a hideous, cruel-beyond-description cross to set you free from the bondage of your sins and open the way for eternal life in the presence of Yeshua Hamashiah”. (John 3:16).

Jerusalem has seen many armies and generals enter through its gates – Nebuchadnezzar, Titus with the Romans, the Muslims and Crusaders in the Middle Ages, General Appleby in WWI, Moshe Dayan in the Six Day War – but the most famous entrance of all wasn’t made with great armies, but by a lone rabbi riding on a donkey on Palm Sunday.  More significant, pivotal, and powerful than all the rest was the life and effect of this one Jewish man – Yeshua/ Jesus.  So, the greatest thing that can happen in our life is not money, power, successes, or accomplishments – it’s the entrance of Messiah into your heart, not just once -but every day of your life.  The most important thing you can ever do is learn to receive Him.  Get your eyes off the things that will mean nothing in the end and set your eyes and heart on doing something far more important. Learn to truly receive your Messiah – His love, His joy, and His indwelling presence!  Of all the things that will ever happen in your life, this will by far be the greatest”.  A message from Rabbi Jonathon Cahn.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment