Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Be A King's Kid Warrior For Christ

“But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near” (Luke 21:28).

Hey Gang:  Have you checked out your plans for eternity?   You do know there are options on where you will spend eternity?  Last week the obits reported that the oldest person in the world is no longer the oldest. The story of her last moment said, “She had a smile on her face, for she knew where she was going.

Chaplain Roy, of the African Missionary Retirement Home described those at the Home, who had gone on to be with the Lord, as “People who finish well -prayer warriors.” 

In the two most frustrating year of my life, when I waited for Eagle Village to become a reality or totally burst and set me free, I was truly blessed to have a nosy old land lady who lived twenty-five feet from where new were living.  I do not recall a day when I did not hear her making her way up the steps to our front door.   
  
I use the word nosy in a way of honor, for in the two years of waiting she walked with me through a huge portion of the Bible and made it live.  On those days when the discouragement was especially heavy, she tended to stay longer and remain silent.  I thought she remained silent, but such was not the case.  She was in touch with Abba Father on my behalf.

In the early years of the Village we were truly blessed to have a core of prayer warriors by the name of Jeanette/Grandma Kleiner, Grandma Rockey, Grandma Beery, Grandma Hainley.  My dear sainted Grand ma once said to me, “Some of us are called to be prayer warriors and cover you with God’s power and love, and some are to be drone bees who pray on the fly”.

I confess I was never much of a prayer warrior.  O, that does not mean that I did not pray periodically, but not with the fervor that Paul talks about when he said, “Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; and let your request be made known to the throne room of heaven”.  In other words, set the table for your talk with God by rejoicing.  Shut the world out for a season and get really close to the Lord, get silent and listen.    

There was always two days in the summer that we looked forward to with great anticipation, the beginning of Summer Camp and the ending of Summer Camp!  Most sane people who run camps for children run for five days and take two days to recoup and prepare for the next group.  But our camp was a wee bit different – many of the kids spent the entire ten weeks of the camp season with us, and our moto for the camp was “If this child can function in any other camp, do not take a bed for those who need our program”.

My pick up, which we used for just about everything, was gasping in its final days of life so replacement was a necessity.  Our local dealer had a promotion going- buy a truck and get two airplane tickets to anywhere.  At the same time my board president reserved a week for us at the Christian Retreat Center in Bradenton, Florida. So, I called my parents, who had never set foot in an aircraft, and said, “ere are tickets, meet us in Florida!”

I was amazed when they readily agreed to take me up on the offer.   My mother, at that time was not in the best of health and, on the day we had planned to go to Disney World, my dad showed up at our trailer door and said, “Mom is too sick to go.”  I said, “You go bring her here and we will pray for healing and go and enjoy our day at Disney”.  I was truly amazed when he did as I t. old his to do.  To make the story short, he did indeed bring her.  I prayed for her and she was relieved from the infirmity and we enjoyed the day at Disney. BUT there was also another move of God in that trailer on that morning. 

My dad, an angry man from child hood, had very bad shoulders from his coal mining days.  I ask him if he would like me to pray for healing.  To my amazement he said, “YES”.  When I reached up to put my hands on his shoulder, God moved them to his head and out of my mouth came these words, “In the name of Jesus I demand the spirit of anger leave”.  
  
The spirit of anger did indeed take a hike that day!  My mother was killed six months later in a car accident, but she said many times, that six months was the best years of her married life; she had learned to love my dad again .

So, my friends, God’s power is available to us through the Holy Spirit, the name of Jesus, the blood of Jesus Christ, and the Word of God. Put your full armor on and be a King’s Kid Warrior right now. Obey the nudges of the Holy Spirit!

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment