Monday, January 23, 2017

Chapter 45 Has Begun

Electoral College 232 vs 306

"I that nation against which I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent concerning the calamity I planned to bring on it.  Or at another moment I might speak concerning a nation or concerning a kingdom to build up or to plant it; if it does evil in My sight by not obeying My voice then I will think better of the good with which I had promised to bless it”.  (Jer. 18:8).

Hey Gang:  I was watching the inaugural festivities and the news stations kept switching back and forth from the transition of power and the protest that was taking place just down the road from the place where the President was taking the oath of office.  On the first day of our new President’s tenure in office, while he was attending a worship service, several blocks people were coming from the four corners of our nation with the intent of showing their displeasure that his man was their President.

I found myself getting angry that so many were waiting in the wings to let the new President know that he was not their choice and, therefore, they would be in rebellion against his authority. Then one of the announcers made this statement: “{s it not great to live in a country where the transfer of power was smooth and without wars and killing and in a country where people have the freedom to speak out and let their feelings be made known without fear of the Gestapo showing up at their door.”

Don’t get me wrong, I still felt a twinge of anger that so many looked upon the change of government with distain and vowed that this was not their President and, therefore, they would be in rebellion against anything that he said or tried to do.  

God then tapped me on the shoulder and reminded me that the “Battle is the Lord’s and He has never lost a battle and has no intentions to lose one now.”  William Koenig wrote a wonderful blurb in his weekly report on what is happening around the world. First, he warned that we need to keep our spiritual armor in place, spit polished and ready for war for the battles ahead will be intense.  But keep in mind that Trump, Pence, Priebus, Bannon, Spicer and most nominees are very pro-Christian, pro-Evangelical, and pro-Israel.  This is truly a new day for believers in Yeshua!

His last comment is one that we should etch in our mind and heart for those darker days that are just ahead: “We are living in the most important time in biblical history and very likely the generation that will see Yeshua’s return”.  Wow, does that get your thumper to thumping this morning?

So my friends, what is going on in your heart and head this morning.? The word tell s us that He, places kings on thrones and also removes them.  Do you believe God placed Donald Trump in the Oval Office of our nation?  Even today, the world is in shock as he came from the depths of defeat to an overwhelming victory. 

As I watched the festivities yesterday, I did it with Bible in hand and did some research on a few of the promises, power verses from God that give us the assurance that He is still setting at the control panel of this earth.   

Promise: “If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or I send pestilence among My people, and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land” (2 Chron. 7:14).

Promise:  “But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live, he shall not die.  All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live.  Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord God, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live” (Ezek. 18:21-23).
Promise:   “Now therefore amend your ways and your deeds and obey the voice of the Lord your God; and the Lord will change His mind about the misfortune which He has pronounced against you” Did Hezekiah king of Judah and all Judah put him to death?  Did he not fear the Lord and entreat the favor of the Lord, and the Lord changed His mind about the misfortune which He had pronounced against them?  But we are committing a great evil against ourselves” (Jew. 26:3,13,19).  NOTE:  We have committed evil against ourselves.

I close this epistle with these powerful words of Jesus: “If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, “Move from here to there.” And it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you” (Matt. 17:20).  The most powerful weapon you have is prayer, pray without ceasing!

Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment