Friday, January 20, 2017

God Wants To Do Something Special Through You Today!


“But thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord” (I Cor. 15:56-57). 

Hey Gang:  I love to turn the computer on and see what is happening in our world today and what is fixing to happen and research the word to see how it fits.  One of my favorite saying is “Lord how are you going to work this out and how are you going to make something good out of this which seems to me to be beyond repair?

This is an exciting and thrilling time to be alive…., right?  It is not just Christians that sense something is about to happen.  The world knows that things cannot go on as they are.  History has reached an impasse.  This world is on a collision course.  Can one doubt that “something is fixen' to happen?”  Words such as Gog, Magog and Armageddon are becoming more frequent even in the world that “has chosen to go their own way”.  But sadly, the vast majority of the world do not have a clue about “What’s Happening Man?”

I have noticed, in the years that I have been working to try and convince people that in Christ we have a Savior who will provide for us everything, and I mean everything to allow us to live successful and content lives, they do not want to hear what is happening.   But many whom I have labeled the “empty eye syndrome folks”, subtitled “the agony and pain clan” are more convinced daily that the world will fill that vacuum that is just the size of God that aches to be filled in their chest cavity.

Sorry Charlie, This world they may have, but the Lord did not give it to them.  Far greater things are in the Father’s hand and He is itching to give them to us.

Our Pastor has been teaching from Galatians 5 for several weeks.  I have read Galatians many times, have even done a Hillbilly dissertation of it, but the wonders of reading the Word and rereading the Word is, they never read the same! There is always a new truth that coming popping into your mind – time, place and circumstances are different.  I have often asked the question, Lord was that new idea from you from Kermit? 

You see I do not have a lot of trust in Kermit’s thought and my prayer daily is that God will take me deeper into His Word.  I recommend that prayer very highly- but only if you are willing to let God have control of your heart and mind long enough to take you deeper.

I believe with all my heart we are in that period just prior to His return when He said, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth, but also the heaven’.  (Heb.12:26b).  And, the question once again popped into my mind, as it frequently does, when I hear of the vast  numbers (nearly one fourth of our population) who are either avowed atheist or Satan followers, Why would one choose to follow the evil one and his fringe package when Jesus stands with arms outstretched saying “Come unto Me and I will make you a fishers of men” with all of My benefits.

In Galatians 5:18-21 Paul tells me that, IF I am under the Spirit I will not be plagued with the deeds of the flesh, which he list as immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissentions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing and things like these.  In 2Timothy 3:1-7 He expands on this by adding “in the last days difficult times will come.”  And he closes this sad description of our day with these words, “People will learn but never come to the knowledge of the truth”.  Is that not a description of our day?

But praise God returning to Galatians 5:22-25 Paul give us a description of those who will inherit the kingdom of God, those who have practiced “…the Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, fruitfulness, gentleness, self-control.” 

Now, my question to you this morning, why would anyone choose Satan’s smorgasbord of options when God loved us so much that He sent His only Son to die on a hideous cross to free us from the bondage of sin and make a way for us to one day be with Him eternally, face to face?  (John 3:16).

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment