Saturday, January 7, 2017

I AM Deeply Concerned About My Country, Are You?

This week's Blogs were put on the other site and I am reprinting them here.  This one was sent Jan 2.
Check blog of Jan 4 - now posted on Sunday Jan 8. 
A special blog was posted on grampswhatshappeningman.blogspot.com on Jan 7


“If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land” (2 Chron. 7:14).

Hey Gang:  I am a patriot!  I love my country and would have remained in the United States Air Force, but God said, “No, I have something else I want you to do”.  As I was seeking something that would convey my love for God and country, my bride came to my rescue again. She introduced me to a book she purchased months ago with the intent of working our way through it in this New Year as a daily devotional.   It was compiled by Dr. Richard G. Lee, titled “In God We Still Trust”.

After reading the January first and second entry several times, there is  no way I can improve on his words so I am going to copy them verbatim and pray that they hit your hot button with the same intensity that they hit mine. 

Jan 1: “From the nation’s earliest days, God’s promise in 2 Chronicles 7 that He will hear the cry of a humbled people has motivated America’s leaders to call citizens to prayer.  In 1775, as it began the process of forming a new Continental Congress, they called for a day of prayer.  At critical junctures during the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln called for the nation to fast and pray.  And in 1952 President Truman signed a bill establishing an annual National Day of Prayer.

Second Chronicles helps establish a model of national spiritual renewal.  The book recounts how a succession of righteous Kings in Judah led to reforms that brought the people back to true faith in God.  Second Chronicles 16:9 assures us that God will “show Himself strong” toward those who place their trust in Him.” 
  
Patriot’s Prayer **
Lord, I am very aware of our nation’s need to repent and return to You.  I am also very aware that such repentance must begin in every hear, including mine.  Today I ask You to reveal to me the sins hidden in my heart and accept my pea for forgiveness.

Patriot’s Promise**

Jan 2: God promises that “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse from all unrighteousness” (I John 1>9).

Patriotism Defined:
Noah Webster’s An American Dictionary of the English Language, 1828: patriotism, is the love of one’s country; the passion which aims to serve one’s country, either in defending it from invasion, or protecting its right and maintaining its laws and institutions in vigor and purity.  Patriotism is the characteristic of a good citizen, the noblest passion that animates a man in the character of a citizen.

In Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary of 2004 patriotism is defined “Love for or devotion to one’s country.  Note the change.  Noah Webster’s patriotism is very different from the vague, subjective patriotism of one who only feels love for country.  True patriotism is not just an emotional feeling; it is action.

Webster’s original definition starts with a love for country, but moves to specific actions: service to country, defense of country, protection of the rights of country, maintenance of the laws and institutions of country, and perseverance of religion and morality in public and private life.  This kind of patriotism puts the needs of the country above personal or partisan desired, as well as above the favor of foreign nations.

Patriots Prayer**
I love my country Lord, and I ask You to protect us from harm.  Be with those men and women in each branch of service.  Guard us all in Your name.

Patriot’s Promise**

Hear God’s promise:  “The Lord commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always, that He might preserve us alive. As it is this day:” (Deuteronomy 6:24).

I believe with all my heart that God has looked down on this once mighty and proud nation and said, I believe I will give them one more chance to put their hands in the hands of the One who stills the waters.  I also believe with all my heart it was the prayers of the God’s people that prayed Mr. Thrump into office, and I believe with all my heart that it will be the prayers of God’s people that will give him success.
That is, if God’s people remain on the firing line continuously!!!  Satan is not going to take his Presidency lying down. Commit with me to pray daily – as we have done for years-  for this new Administration to seek God’s wisdom and listen to Godly advisers.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment