Friday, November 16, 2018

Confused, Disappointed, Maybe Even Angry!


The writer of Hebrews writes: “Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom, You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness above Your companions” (Heb. 1:8-9).  Later in Hebrews we read: “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today and forever” (Heb. 13*). Now back to Hebrews one: “And, You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth and the heavens are the works of Your hands” (Heb. 1:10).

Hey Gang:  I am not sure If I am going through the post-election jitters or just plain worn out from the constant diet of those who want to be residents of the Beltway establishment (commonly referred to as “Gridlock City”.   I have felt throughout the electron process that we would see a tiny hint of God’s intention for this rebellious Nation. 

My prayer was to give our President, who has kept his promises to the people, something no other President, in recent years has done, two more years of like-minded people to support his agenda.  I confess I was first confused, then disappointed and even angry when I watched the polling numbers come in and realized it as not God’s will that my request be honored.   BUT this I know, God is not sitting in the heavenlies wringing His hands over the misguided will of the people. He has not even making a correction in His plan for this age.  You can take it to the bank that planet earth is right on His time lines.  

Well, today is Friday- and confusion, disappointment and anger have subsided – subsided yes, but not gone completely.    The Christian gurus, who are much wiser then I in the world of politics and prognostications of what this all means, have taken a more positive attitude towards the outcome.  Their drift seems to be two years down the road, when the Presidential election comes to the forefront this will probably assure his reelection and a regathering of the House under the covering of the more conservative influences of the lands.

At 85 years of age, I tend to look more at the now and confess I have a very nauseating feeling deep in the pit of my stomach, for we are in for two years of a new level of hatred in the Beltway as the ‘not so loyal opposition’ will dig into everything from what kind of toothpaste he uses to what color sox our President wears. 

But is there a deeper meaning to all of this.  Has this election exposed a flaw in the two-party system? George Washington believed political parties have within them the power to totally divide a nation, which we have seen escalate under the past several Presidential regimes.  He warned in his farewell speech in 1776;
“You cannot shield yourselves too much against jealousies and heart burnings which spring from these misrepresentations;  they tend to render alien to each other those who ought be  found together by fraternal affection…they are likely, in the course of timed and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning ambitions, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves  the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion”.  

As I mentioned above, I am 85 and have been truly blessed by Abba Father.  I am not concerned for my sake but for my children, grands and great grands.  I feel shame in my heart for the world that I am turning over to them.  I also feel a great sadness in my heart because I grew up in a wonderful, loving world where people could sit down together and make decisions based on what is best for our nation.

Have we passed the point of no return where sin has become so dominate that the spiral towards the pit cannot not be rectified?  Only if God’s patience has run out and He adds USA to the long list other empires that turned their back on Him. 

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment