Friday, August 30, 2019

Need A Lift?


“But now, O Lord, You are our Father, We are the clay, and the work of Your hand.” (Isaiah 64:8).  Know that the Lord Himself is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.”  (Psalms 100:3).

Hey Gang:  A time for recollection!  Did you ever have a song suddenly surface in your heart and mind? One you had not heard for years?  That happened to me when I was out cutting wood some time ago.  It was what I would classify as a wow-er song designed to hit your hot button when the alligators are active. 

I mean it went straight to the control center of my heart. I confess there have been many days when I feel like Paul must have felt when he asked God to remove the thorn that was plaguing him.   I have been plagued with one of Satan’s vices called polymyalgia, which does not like heavy humidity and high temperatures, nor does it like physical labor.  So, when it is raining, or after a couple days of wood cutting, it lets me know where every muscle and tendon in my body is located.

And, as much as I hate to admit it, there are times when it begins to eat at me and bring the “why” buzzards out.  "Why, Lord, when doctors tell me polymyalgia is a two or three-year infirmity; why do I have I have to endure it for nearly twenty years?" And then it seeks greener pastures in someone else to bug.
  
When Sunday arrived, my body said, you really don’t want to take your aches and pains to church do you?   Satan’s voice can be very loud at times like that. But there is an old saying that fits nicely here, “You won’t feel any worse in church than you do at home and perhaps God will look down on you with favor and remove the thorn.” 

I do not believe slue- foot wanted me to hear that very special song that ministered to my soul that morning.  The Pastor brought a powerful message and the praise team topped it off with the song “THE POTTERS HAND”.  Perhaps you know this song.  If so, sing along as you read the words.  If not just take the words into your control center and bask in the glory of its words. 
 
“Beautiful Lord, wonderful Savior, I know for sure all of my days are held in your hand, Crafted into Your perfect plan.  You gently called me into Your presence, Guiding me by your Holy Spirit, Teach me dear Lord, to live all of my life through Your eyes I'm captured by Your Holy calling, Set me apart, I know You're calling me to Yourself, Lead me Lord, I pray.  Take me, mold me, use, me, fill me”.

So, Gang,  As you traverse through this day,  turn on the stereo systems God built into you at conception and sing along with me “Have Thine own way Lord, Have Thine own way.., Thou are the Potter and I am the clay… Mold me and make me After thy will…While I am waiting, Yielded and still…”’

Blessings,

Gramps   
PS Today Gramps is resting and healing after 5 weeks of treatment for Esophageal cancer. Some days are better than others.  Last Saturday he was back on his big tractor for about a half hour. (But I didn’t get a picture!)  We are  praying and continure believing for full recovery to continue serving the Lord here on earth. To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment