Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Have You Listened to Your Heart Lately?

" Also consider that since God has called you, He is completely able to reveal your purpose to you, and He will as you diligently seek Him"  (Heb. 11:6).

Hey Gang:  If I could ask you what makes you angry, joyful, excited or passionate, what would you say? Did you ever take note that, when your emotions are moved, it can be a sign that God is trying to move you into a God-driven purpose?

Let me put some meat around those bones!  While working in the detention home a young man, charged with murder, was admitted.  In the following months I witnessed a sadistic set of events that created an anger in me that eventually lead to our leaving California and developing a treatment center for children who had taken the wrong road

I must admit that I get fired up about the godless condition of the world. When I heard the charges levied against the coach that had molested children, I got angry. When someone tells me a story about loyal love, I can get very emotional.  When I hear the heartbreak of the loss of a child, having been down that road, it grieves me.

Talking about Christ stirs me up. When coupled with my talents, these passions point in the direction of my purpose of written and spoken communication about things that deeply impact people on a spiritual and emotional level.

I confess, in my preparation of Gramps Morning Thoughts, there are times when I wonder if the message has run its course and Gramps should be put out to pasture, but it is at those times when God is faithful and moves on the hearts of one of you to send a message back that rekindles the passion within me to continue.

Soooo, lads and lassies, Pray. Ask God to show you the things that move you and make a list. Remember, He wants you to discover His purpose for you more than you do. Don’t forget to consider that your purpose is not just about you; it’s about what God wants to do through you.
.
Keep in mind, as well, that if you do not fulfill the plan that God has for you, you might be guilty of leaving a “Hole in Time”; the very person to whom you were assigned to witness the Salvation Story of Christ might be the very person God had prepared for becoming the next Billy Graham!

Blessings.

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment