Friday, March 8, 2013

The Task is Completed


"The Lord is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation; This is my God, and I will praise Him; My father's God, and I will extol Him" (Exodus 15:2).

Hey gang:  The task is completed and we are back in our reheboth (home).  According to the Hebrew tradition, your rehoboth is where your well is, and we are blessed to have wonderful water from deep in the ground provided by our well.    We arrived home with several task facing us including moving about two foot of snow Thanks to Jim we had a wide path!.  But the weather man says we will soon see some warmer weather and that should help.

Several morning messages ago I title the message “Be Careful What You Pray for, God May Give It To You.    This morning I would like to add a sequel to that message.  “Make Sure That Your Prayers Are Wide Enough For God to Move and Shake Within Your request!

Our prayer, prior to arriving at Voice of Martyrs, was to be used by God in helping to send encouragement and hope to God’s persecuted family. Our primary mission was to help prepare mailings that go throughout the world carrying the Good News that God’s church is growing very rapidly in those countries that are under the Muslim and Communist covering where persecution is rampant in this day and age.   We were blessed to hear warriors who have dedicated their lives to going into the battle fields of the world to find, encourage, support and provide for the needs of those who pay a very dear price to be children of God.

We went to prepare mailings but it was God's fringe package that truly blessed our hearts.   Not in what we did in the mail shop, but the doors that God opened for us.  We were blessed to teach four Sunday School Class sessions, conduct a Bible Study for  staff, who also need encouragement and the wisdom of whatHe has taught us over the years, and spent many hours  walking through valleys with some of the young couples who have hit those proverbial “pits in the highway”.  

We were blessed to see three of the young families welcome new members into their family.  Any birth is a miracle but some are just super special miracles.  In a sense one was a miracle birth, they prayed for this child for a number of years and just when they thought adoption might be the way of gaining a child, the miracle of conception and birth came.

I write this to tell you that God's grace is sufficient when we are obedient to His calling.  Our prayer, going into the two and a half month commitment, was that He would provide the strength needed to invest forty hours of moderately hard labor to complete the task.  Paul wrote "Most gladly therefore I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." (2 Cor. 12:9b). 

Soooo, my young friends, We learned what Paul meant, once again when he wrote "I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distress, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake, for when I am weak them I am strong."  (2 Cor. 12:10).  There were days when we felt perhaps we had committed our 79 and 75 year old bodies to hard labor, but His grace truly was sufficient and we were blessed to complete the task.  Praise God!

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment