Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I Wonder What My Life Would Have Been Like?


      
I pray this morning, "Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed by your name. Your Kingdom come. Your will be done, on earth, (in American, in my heart), as it is in heaven".  (Matt. 6:9a-10).

Hey Gang:  Note, Christ began his message with a statement that we can all identify with. There are times when we need His graciousness to carry us through tough times.  Wow, that is certainly a statement that carries many recollections with it. As Matthew said, it is not whether we will encounter but when. **

As I think of that a sense of deep compassion rises in my heart for those who do not have your Holy Spirit as a companion.  What does one do, to whom do they turn when the alligators are up to their arm pits and rising.  Your word says that none can come to the Father unless he is invited (John 6:44, 65).  But Peter also said Your heart's desire is "that none should perish but for all to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9).   

John tells us You created all that we survey, the universe and all it contains.  You created the wondrous miracle called man - what a mighty act of awesomeness - for we are wondrously made.  You removed all but eight at the flood and then totally restored your creation.  I know it grieves Your heart that you gave man a second chance to choose the better road but they soon returned to their vomit. 

You parted the Red Sea; You raised your Son from the dead; You are so very mighty and powerful, far beyond my limited human understanding.  I pray Lord you will fire a dart into the heart of those who say "Yes, Lord, I want to be a child of the King and break the bondage that Satan holds me” but just do not have the will to do so. 

I wonder, Lord ,what my life would have been like if I would have always given you the glory for what you did through me and in me  Now, I know I did nothing in my own strength.  I thought I did - and oft took credit for those successes.  How sad, Lord, I apologize, forgive me.  I want so badly to correct them but your Word says I can't - I can only be forgiven for them.   

And so I come to you, as David did and plead, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.  Do not cast me away from Your presence and do not take Your Holy Spirit From Me" (Psa. 51:10-11).   

Soooo.  my young friends and brothers and sisters in Christ, now hear me this morning for  my heart is heavy, we may not understand why we must go through the valley's and shadows of trials and tribulations, and when the yoke becomes almost too heavy to bear, we need to go back to the roots of our faith, "For God so loved You and me that He sent His only Son to die on a hideous cross that we might be freed from the sin burden that we have accumulated (John 3:16, Hainley rendition). Keep firmly tucked in the recesses of your heart that one day we will understand - when we are freed to "Run and leap and praise God in His presence".

Blessings
Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment