Monday, March 11, 2013

How Old is Too Old??


 
“Blow the trumpet in Zion, And sound an alarm on My holy mountain!  Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming.  Surely it is near” (Joel 2:1).

Hey Gang,  In the past couple years I find myself waking up in the middle of the night and let me tell you I do not like it one bit.  But then one day, or should I say night, God sent a very special revelation my way – “You pray that I will give you the words to send in the gramps morning thoughts that will encourage, penetrate and be a refuge for people that are struggling.  In the middle of the night I have your undivided attention, something that is rare during the busy parts of your day.  I must admit that many of the thoughts that end up the morning messages come to me in the middle of the night.

As an example, last night I was thinking about yesterday’s blog and what God’s transportation system in heaven might look like. I thought about David Wilkerson’s prophetic message that God is preparing a very special elite special forces unit in preparation for His return. 

As I thought about that I wondered if he would take an old salt like me?  I mean I am 79 and as Granny Bliss used to say, “my get up and go got up and went”.  She also said, “I check the obit’s each  morning and make sure my  name is not there; if not,  I eat my breakfast and get about the day.
   
I love the book of Zechariah and believe it is a message for God’s children today.  As to whether or not I am too old to take up my armor and sword and join the ranks of the King”s Elite Army, I find great solace in Zechariah’s words in 12:8: “In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and  one who is feeble among them in that day will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel of the Lord before them”.

 In other words God recruitment program covers all ranks, young, old, infirmed, etc.  They are preparing in their prayer closets for war.  Intimacy with Christ has molded them into mighty warriors that know how to fight in the spiritual as well as physical.

Is it not neat to know that they are feared in hell because of the restraint that we – the Body of Christ - provide today.  One day soon that restraint will be withdrawn and the world will experience, in living color, what evilness really is As God promised Joshua’s army, “No man hath been able to stand before you unto this day.  One man of you shall chase a thousand; for the Lord  your God, he it is that fights for you, as he hath promised you” (Josh. 23:9-10).  Can you say “whoooooopie” to that?

Sooooo troopers for Christ, know this, for years now, Satan has terrorized God’s people. But all along, God has been training his special forces units and He is about to unleash them within His Church.  His army within an army is in place in every nation.  Its activity may be covert for now, but soon we’ll see it doing exploits in the name and power of Christ. 

And how does one join this army?  “Paul gives us the process:  “Therefore, I urge you, brethren by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living an holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your
spiritual service of worship and do not be conformed to this world”.  (12:1-2a).

No comments:

Post a Comment