Monday, February 3, 2014

Careful Folks!!

"Jesus said to the disciples, ‘See to it that no one misleads you.  For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ, and will mislead many/" (Matt. 24:4-5)

Hey Gang:  I think I have mentioned, in a past morning messages, that there are two great blasphemies growing in the world, that will lead to hearing God say, "I know you not" on that day we will all stand before Him. However, this morning I want to introduce you to a third blasphemy that has taken root and is growing like a brush fire in a dry desert. 

But, before introducing the third,  let's review the two mentioned before.  The first is ‘Replacement Theology" which teaches that Israel is no longer the ‘Apple of God's Eye’.  If time and space allowed, I would give you a hundred or so verses that disputes this misconception, but let me share one power verse that clarifies this point: "I will establish my covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you.  I will give you and to your descendants after you, the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession, and I will be their God" (Gen 17:7-8). 

The second is equally dangerous, that there are many roads that lead to God.  It is believed by these folks that it does not matter what guru you might believe in, they are all god and will lead to the promise land.  Jesus blew this out of the water when He said, "I am and way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through ME". (John 14:6).  Now my friends, that sounds very clear and to the point.

But I would add a third growing misconception in the minds of many people that came out of the "I'm Okay, Your Okay" movement of several decades ago. The misconception that to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ is enough to gain access to God's eternal kingdom.  Notice how James would respond to this statement, "You believe that God is one, You do well; the demons also believe and shudder".  (2:19)

Jesus had a great deal to say about this subject.  In His Sermon on the Mount, He said, "…every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.  So then, you will know them by their fruits" (Matt. 7:17-18).

Soooo, my young friends how's your planting program?  Have you checked out Paul's warning? "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap." (Gal 6:7).   Notice Paul's challenge: "So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially of those who are of the house of the faith" (Vs. 10).



Blessings,

Gramps


No comments:

Post a Comment