Monday, February 17, 2014

Hey, Man, What's Happening?



“Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.  But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.”(Matt. 24:35-6).

 Hey Gang, I once had an old Dodge automobile that was what one might call a ‘bear’ when it came to starting.  As long as I kept it filled with eighty weight oil, so that it did not run out too fast, it ran like a top – for thirty to forty miles- before it needed another transfusion.  Then, one day, it began to make some weird sounds and the smoke began to pour from under the hood.  One might say that was its ‘swan song’ and it found a resting place in the local auto cemetery, better known as “The Salvage Yard.

In recent months I have been introduced to a phenomena referred to as ‘Blood Moons’ which has not only spurred my attention but also rekindled the fire to learn as much as I can about what is about to happen prophetically in the coming days. Blood moons are lunar eclipses that appear red.  The unique thing now is that there are 4 back to back on the Feasts of Passover and Shavuot in 2014 and 2015.  This is rare.  You can check it out on the web and we will mention more from time to time. I base my studies on Jesus’ desire for us - that we be informed, not deceived, about what He is doing. I feel being called as a watchman.

Now I must confess, I have struggled mightily on how to open the door to my observations of what is happening in our world prophetically.  I have studied the prophetic word and have had the honor of sharing some of my observations, throughout the past several decades, but we are currently in Bartlesville, Oklahoma volunteering at Voice of Martyr, a ministry that comes along side God’s persecuted people and all my back ground materials are in my study back in Big Rapids.    

I could put this most important subject on hold, until I get home in three or four weeks, but those of you who know me know that I am not wired that way. When I get a bug it is neigh on to impossible for me to lay it down, so I hit the internet for a day or two and ran into a friend that I have followed for years, one Joel Rosenberg and will plagiarize some of his thoughts. 

His first comment is one with which I heartily agree. In our times it is fashionable to evaluate world events merely by looking through and lenses of politics and economics, which is one huge mistake- for it leaves out the one dimension that controls the other two.  To truly understand what is happening in the world today, one has to look at it through a third lens as well: the lens of Scripture.  Only then can the whole picture come into view.

The Bible is not shy about describing itself as a supernatural book, written by an all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful God, who chooses to give his people advance warning of future events He deems of utmost importance.  To Jeremiah, God said, “Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know” (Jer. 33:2).  To the Hebrew prophet Amos he explained that “The Lord God does nothing unless He reveals His secret counsel to His servants the prophets” (Amos 3:7).

When King Nebuchadnezzar had dreams, he called on a Hebrew kid named Daniel to interpret them.  It was Daniel who informed the king that God “removes kings and establishes kings” and “it is He who reveals the profound and hidden things(Dan 2:21-22). “As for the mystery about which the king had inquired,” Daniel explained, “neither wise men, conjurers, magicians nor diviners are able to declare it to the king, However, there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and He has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will take place in the latter days” (Dan 2:27-28).

Not every event is described in advance in the Bible.  Nor can the prophecies be used to determine the future of every country; but there are key events and trends that will occur in certain countries that the Bible does describe with surprising specificity, for anyone willing to look carefully.

Tragically, there are growing numbers who believe Biblical Prophecy is ‘pie in the sky’, and those who do not believe in the literal translation of the Bible are growing more agitated with those who do believe in literal Bible Prophecy.  It is unfortunate that this number is not restricted to non-believers and is even being taught from the pulpit of growing numbers of denominations.

 Soooo, good friends, I pray you will pray for me as I seek the Lord’s direction and that He will put into my mind and heart the things that will help you better understand what Jesus meant when He said, “I don’t want you to be uninformed”.  And please feel free to take me to task if you feel I am on the wrong track.

P.S.  Please be advised the prophecy morning messages will appear periodically, not more than one third of the time.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment