Wednesday, February 26, 2014

THere Must Be A Better Way! Part 2

  
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding"    (Proverbs 3:5) Thus says the Lord, "let not a wise man boast of  his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not the rich man boast of his riches" (Pro. 9:23)

Hey Gang:  I am always very hesitant about using illustrations from my past for I fear that you might get the idea I am boasting. (But, for those of you who are not aware, these Gramps thoughts were started as encouragement to our Grandchildren.)  I have heard that if it is truth is it not boasting.  But I would rather use Paul's model that he shared with the Corinthian believers, "I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me" (2 Cor. 12:10).  
 
As the founder of a child care facility I had to make a decision of whether I would be a ‘hanger-on’ to the power reigns or a ‘share-er’ of the power reigns".     In my prior work history I had had the privilege of working with both.  In the former hanger-on manager I did not see the growth and the usage of the talents of each individual worker.  But with those who were the ‘share-the-power’ managers, I noticed that others moved up in the system.  Sharing the power gave managers time to innovate and bring new and better ideas on board.

Back in the olden days when the new communication devices began to come on board and I was ‘exalted director’, it was suggested that I get a beeper.  Now this may sound strange to you cell phone, twitters, Facebook and such, but I do not know how to use a cell phone.  When suggested I get a beeper my response was "When you see me get a beeper you will know that I no longer trust in you to make good decisions". 

Now I admit that, if one were to look at my staff turn-over problems in the management areas, I paid the piper for that management style, other agencies were continually recruiting my middle management people to run their agencies.  Forgive me if that sounds boastful. 

Sooooo,  my good friends and neighbors, let me share a proven practice, as you rub elbows with your neighbors,  look for and acknowledge their strengths and ignore their weaknesses.  That is a Jesus principle.  He used it daily in His ministry and it prepared eleven of His twelve middle-managers to take over, when He went to be with the Father.   
 
Blessings,

Gramps




No comments:

Post a Comment