Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hey, Man, What's Happening? -2




 “When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the things which the Lord has not spoken.  The prophet has spoken it presumptuously, you shall not be afraid of him” (Deut. 18:22).

Hey Gang:  Now hear this – now hear this – now hear this – I do not claim to be a prophet of God and have shied away from presenting what I believe is happening prophetically in our world.  I tend to leave the prophetic driving to those, I believe God has blessed with the gift of prophecy.  But I sense in the last several months, that God is prodding me to share thoughts about what is happening in our world that lines up with God’s alerting His children to the signs of His releasing His Son to return to earth and collect His children.

That does not mean that I do not spend a third of my Bible study time in the prophetic Scriptures.  It is my sincere opinion that since one third of the Bible is prophecy I should spend at least one third of my Bible study time in seeking out those truths presented by Jesus, the Apostles and Prophets of old.  But I also warn those who become top heavy in studying prophecy that time with the rest of the writers of the Scriptures is essential to gain a balanced spiritual perspective.

With that disclaimer clearly understood, I will honor Abba Father by sharing what I believe He has made clear to me in the past several months and even years.  Jesus, in the Olivet Discourse, laid out a very clear message for His children on the Signs of Christ Return.  Note: He began with a warning, “See to it that no one misleads you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ’ and will mislead many” (Matt. 24:4b- 5).

One does not have to be a rocket scientist to realize deception is running rampant, not only in the pagan world, but also among many who avow they are believers in Christ and followers of the King of kings.  But as my good friend and mentor Jessie pounded into my mind and heart – “if it ain’t in the Word and taken literally, it will probably lead you down the prime-rose path.”
                                                 
It has almost become common place for self-proclaimed gurus who, claim they have the inside path to knowing, announce to the world the exact time that Jesus will return.  Unfortunately there are many that do not heed what Jesus warned, “Don’t be deceived.” 

The world is filled with deception today.  You can find just about anything you want to believe.   At this time there are three rapidly growing blasphemies that are very deceptive. One I call the Oprah Wintry blasphemy, she avows that there is more than one road to God.  Perhaps the verse “Jesus is the way, truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through Me” (John 14:6).  Is missing from her Bible.

Perhaps the blasphemy that is causing the most upheaval in our world is Replacement Theology, the belief that God no long loves Israel and has replaced Israel with the church.   This misunderstanding of the mega references pertaining to God’s eternal love of Israel, in my humble opinion, has caused a rapid growth in the fulfillment of Zechariah 12:2  “Behold I am going to make Jerusalem, a cup that causes reeling to all the people around”.  

The third blasphemy is perhaps the most damaging to the salvation message.  Simply, it states to “believe” is enough; as long as you ‘believe’ you are home free, no matter what you do or not do in this lifetime.  One might get the idea it is a license to sin. BE ADVISED: Satan and his "Demons also believe in God and shudder." (James 2:19)

Soooo, now, let me ask you a question.  If you were living in Israel and each day hear that you are totally surrounded by 170,000 missiles designed to cover every inch of Israel, would you be a wee bit nervous?  Tune in tomorrow for chapter two.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment