Monday, May 12, 2014

Are You Like A Tree Planted By the Waters?


The Psalmist wrote, "The Lord is my Shepherd, He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters." (Psa. 23:1-2)  "The righteous are like trees planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither." (Psa. `1:3).

Hey Gang. Is it not awesome and comforting to know that Father God is in the heavenlies but also here with His children?   How wonderful and comforting it is to know that Yeshuah, Your only beloved Son, is sitting at the right hand of the Father in intercessory prayer for me - even and you as I sit here this morning.  I praise you, Lord, for Your handiwork that is mine to enjoy.  Even though there are times when the alligators are snipping at my heels, I know you will never leave me or forsake me.

Can you say with firmness of soul, ‘I praise you Lord; You are my shepherd; You make me lie down in green pastures; I thank you Lord that you lead me beside still water; I thank you Lord for the peace of mind - you loved me so much you sent Your only begotten Son to come to earth and endure the agony of the cross?’ 

Father, how sad you must have been when you had to turn your eyes from Your Son when He bore our sins on the cross.  Have you said recently, ‘I praise You Lord for that love and for the willingness of Your Son, Jesus, to pay that horrendous price for me?’  How sad, Lord, that so many are choosing to go their own way and follow the evil one.

While working in a detention home in California, a young lad came up to me after chapel and asked, "Mr. H.  how long is eternity?”  I said, “Sandy, you have been to Sacramento, a six-lane road a hundred miles from here.  You have a tooth brush in your back pocket. If you were to scrub the roadway up and back a dozen times, that would be a drop in the bucket compared to eternity.”

As I have entered the Golden Years (Golden Years for the medical profession),  I have noticed the mileage I have placed on this eighty- year old frame is beginning to show signs of dry rot.  A pain here, a pain there, far too many trips to the doctors and pharmacy.  I notice it is harder to get out of bed in the morning and it takes longer to get my body in gear.  As my Grandma said, “The first thing I do in the morning is check the obits and, if my name is not there, I eat my breakfast and get my day going.”

I came across a wonderful little book titled "Heaven My Father's House" by Anne Graham Lotz. In it she penned these words, "One day, God Himself will take your face in His hands and gently wipe away your tears as He reassures you there will be no more suffering in My Father's House.  No more pain or hospitals or death or funerals or grief or walkers or canes or wheelchairs.

There will be no more suicide bombers or fiery infernos, broken homes or broken hearts, broken lives or broken dreams.  There will be no more mental retardation or physical handicaps, muscular dystrophy or multiple sclerosis. blindness or lameness, deafness or sickness.

There will be no more Parkinson's disease or heart disease, diabetes or arthritis, cataracts or paralysis.  No more cancer or strokes or AIDS, No more bombs in schools, or care bombs or terrorists or missiles or airstrikes.  There will be no more war."  

Soooo lads and lassies, Is this your prayer this morning?   ‘Lord, I pray that I will grow to be like a tree planted by streams that yield fruit that is pleasing to You.’  I love that old song, "What a day that will be when My Jesus I shall see, when I can look into His face…."  Wow, is that not awesome!

Blessings,

Gramps,


No comments:

Post a Comment