Friday, May 9, 2014

Right! Right!!

   
"In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed  by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials" (I Peter 1:6-7).

Hey Gang:  In the past week or so I have been dealing with Mustard Seeds.  As I mentioned in the previous morning message, my chain saw and D14 tractor had once again become a king- sized thorn in my side.  And how does a mustard seed fit into this scene?   Dr. Luke gives us the following description of a mustard seed "a seed that the farmer threw on the ground and it grew into a large tree, large enough for the birds to nest in it". (Lu. 13:19). 
  
Another way one might describe my dilemma is the common phrase "making a mole hill into a mountain" or vice versa.  I confess I did a little of each.  Fixing the chain saw was a piece of cake. I took it to the repair shop and they, after much seeking, found the needed spring to repair the damage.  End of problem.  Right - right.

But the D14 was a horse of a different problem.  After seeking counsel from a number of sources and learning nothing, I readily admit I was frazzled; but, in the mist of the storm, God in that quiet voice said, "clean the gas tank" of rust. 

To make the long story very short, I found such a substance at a local store and was about to pour it into the gas tank when my son said, “It won't work.  We have to remove the gas tank so as to slouch the liquid around the tank.”  Did you ever try to take the bolts out of a sixty-year old tractor.  With bleeding knuckles the job was completed and the "ghastly beast" sprang into action.

So how does the Mustard Seed fit into this story?  The problem was not really in the gas tank, it was in the connecting rod between the gas tank and sediment bulb.  Two very small holes fed the gas from tank to carburetor.  One was blocked completely and the other three fourths.  It would run for a minute or two but would soon run out of fuel to the carburetor.  Two very tiny holes controlled the ability of the "ghastly beast" to perform what it was designed to do.
When the lines were freed and we cranked up the "ghastly beast";  there was no question  it has been running under very reduced power for many months and finally said, "hey dude" you have a choice to make - fix me or I am going to make your life miserable.   End of problem, right - right!!!! 

Now think about that.  When God breathed life into our mortal bodies He equipped us with a magnificent wiring system.  It is said we have so much brain power that we only use about ten  percent or less.   David, a man after God's heart wrote the following, "For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb.  I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully make.  Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well." (Psa. 139: 13-14).

Soooo, my friends, there is a prerequisite to God cleaning out the gas feeds to our heart and soul - we must take the plug on the power cord of our heart and plug it into God's power supply.  I close with this analogy: "If you were taken to court and accused of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"  Jesus said, you must go to the cross daily and clean out your power supply.

Blessings, 

Gramps



No comments:

Post a Comment