Friday, May 2, 2014

Panicked ? or Unaware?


"The will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of heaven will be shaken" (Luke 21:25-26).

Hey Gang:  I want you to know that I am blessed. I mean God has truly blessed my sox off.  I have a wife who loves me and is faithful to me, she even thinks I am a Knight on a White Stallion- and I can't even ride a horse.  Many years ago I did consent to ride one of the Village horses; they picked the one that looked the sleepiest.  About half way through the trail ride, ‘Sleepy decided it was time to take a nap and choose to lie down on the trail with me still in the saddle.  I considered that the ultimate insult, and have not graced a horse since – though I have fed, groomed and cared for many.

Getting back to blessings, on the day that I accepted God's challenge in Malachi 3:10-11 "To Bring the whole tithe into the store house, so that there may be food in my house, and test Me now in this," says the Lord of hosts.  "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows."       Hey, don't stop there, the best is yet to come;  "Then I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of the ground, nor will your vine in the field cast its grapes." says the Lord".

If you have been a steady morning message reader you have encountered this verse before.  I believe we are living in that time mentioned in Hebrews 12:26-29 when everything that can be shaken is going to be shaken and only those things which cannot be shaken will remain, for our God is a consuming fire". 

I believe most people of the world get a panicky feeling in the pit of their stomach when they read or hear the news each day.  If I did not know I was firmly fixed in my heavenly Father's heart, I would be much more anxious ridden than I am today.  But I read the last chapter - I know that God and His children win!   

At this year’s beginning I made a vow to myself that I would read five Psalms and one Proverb each day, a vow I am sorry to confess I have not kept very well.  Psalm 12:1 got my immediate attention.   Let these words speak to your heart: "Help, Lord for the godly man ceases to be, For the faithful disappear from among the sons of men.  They speak falsehood to one another; With flattering lips and with a double heart they speak" (12:1-2).  Now I ask you, is that not a perfect description of our country today.    

Soooo, fellow warriors, One does not have to be a super- brain child to see that our country is rapidly coming unglued from the roots up.  In other words, everything that can be shaken is being shaken.   But, Jesus said, “I want you to be aware of all that is going on.”  He was talking specifically to those who were safely in His ark of protection.

 He also said "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."  (Lu. 21:28).  We know not at what time God is going to say "enough" and release His warring angels against our godless society but this we know - He will and all the signs tell us we are nearing that day.  Are you prepared?  Do you have your lamps filled with oil?  Is your armor in place and spit polished?  When He comes there will be no time to go to the nearest gas station and purchase oil.

Blessings,

Gramps   


No comments:

Post a Comment