Monday, May 5, 2014

Have You Noticed?


   
"For the grace of God has appeared bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny un-godliness and worldly desire and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age" (Titus 2:12).

Hey Gang:  There has been a change in the way the media is referring to those of us who are “born again Christians".  Years ago we were referred to as the "Religious Right".  But today we are more inclined to be referred to as the "Radical Right".   Now, there are those that take great offense at this moniker but I feel a kind of pride to be referred to as ‘Radical’.  I believe Jesus, my role model, was a radical- for He was so very opposite of the religious leaders of His day.  Frankly speaking, I can think of nothing in this world that I want to be identified with more than Jesus with His radical love message.. 

The Word tells me I am only a transient here, but where I am going, when my body has ended its tenure on earth, is 'out of sight' compared to the bangles and beads of this world. One day I was listening to a conversation of Bible Guru's, who were discussing heaven. I was rather surprised that they talked of the streets of gold, the pearled walls, etc. but none mentioned the focal point of why every Believer should look forward with great expectation to why we should want to go there - the Lord, Yeshua, Adonia, Jesus the Son of God will be there! 

As I was pondering how I felt about being referred to as a Radical Christian, I came across an article by Marv Rosenthal of Zion's Fire Magazine who added a whole barn full of meat to this subject.  He began by saying, "I steadfastly pronounce myself "guilty" and willingly take on the moniker "Radical Christian". He made the following points:

"If believing God intended humankind to practice monogamy within the holy bonds of a committed, "for better or for worse" marriage union, then I, with honor, wear badge of the Radical Right proudly".      
"If believing that American's founding fathers said what they meant and meant what they said when they wrote the Constitution, intending that it be interpreted normally and literally, then I with honor, wear the badge of "Radical Right" proudly".

"If believing that men and women are to live by the sweat of their brows and that hard work is to be rewarded, and laziness unrewarded and a stigma, then I, with honor, wear the badge of the "Radical Right" proudly'.

"If believing in the concept of separation of church and state, but understanding in the context in which it was made, it was intended to keep the state from interfering win the religious freedom of its citizens and never to keep the Bible out of government, then I, with honor, wear the badge of the "Radical Right" proudly".

"If loving God, rejecting idolatry, not taking  the name of the Lord in vain, observing one day in seven for special religious purposes, honoring parents, not killing, not committing adultery, not stealing, not bearing false witness, and not coveting are characteristics of the "Radical Right" then I, with honor, stand where the "Radical Right" stands, proudly."

Soooo,  my friends and neighbors,  the world says "anything goes if it makes you feel good";  Jesus said, "I will judge you by the fruits of your life and that will determine where you will spend eternity.”   The world says "eat, drink and merry" for tomorrow we die".  Jesus said, "Unless one is born again, they will not see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).     So I ask you this morning,


 "Do you qualify to be called a "Radical Christian?" 

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment