Friday, May 13, 2011

Did You Know That God Wants To Give You A Blessing Today?



Hey Gang: I have made a brilliant observation in my mature years – there are different levels of blessings!. Now I know a blessing, is a blessing, is a blessing, and what I am not saying is we should not be humbled and thankful for each and every blessing that God chooses to pass our way.

I have learned that the blessings which have made a lasting impact on my life are not the bangles and beads variety, nor the opportunity to climb the corporate ladder, and certainly not the things that God has provided me with in the area of material things.

Notice Peter’s words, “You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an under-standing way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered. To sum it up, all

of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing” (1 Peter 3:7-9).

Why give blessings? So that you will receive blessings in return. God gives all blessings, some we recognize and other tend to pass us by not realizing how they will change our lives. I never realized how a trip to watch a football game at Ferris State College would change my life forever – it was there I met the pearl- of- great price that would later become the-bride-of-my youth.

Sooooo, my dear friends, when you put your threads on this morning and head out the door, remember you are entering the mission field and be very careful for God just might send someone across your path that has a deep hunger in their soul and you may be the only Bible they will see.

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment