Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Satan's Garage Sale!


“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God that He may exalt you at the proper time., casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you, be of sober spirit, be on the alert, your adversary, the devil; prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour” (I Peter 5:6-7)

Hey Gang: It was advertised that the devil was going to have a garage sale and sell all his devices of evil. On the day of the sale, the devices were placed for public inspection, each marked with its sale price. There was a whole barn full of evil devices - hatred, envy, jealousy, lying, doubt, to name a few. But there was one special tool that was laying by itself that was priced very high.

"What is the name of that tool and why is so costly?" one of the purchasers asked. “O, this is discouragement, my most effective tool”. It is more useful than all the others put together. With it I can pry open a person’s heart and lead them down the Prim-Rose Path.

The devil’s price for discouragement was so high it never sold. It’s still his major tool, and uses it on God’s people today. How about you? Discouraged? I have learned in my tenure on this earth that discouragement is key; like me getting up grumpy in the morning, I have a choice to make, remain grumpy and miserable or I can choose to tell Satan take a hike”.

The Psalmist wrote “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me, Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me”. Jesus' promise to us this morning “I will never leave you or forsake you”. And that, my brothers and sisters in Christ, you can take to the bank!

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment