Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tighten Your Armor & Go For It


5/25/11
Did you ever have a song bang around in your head for days?  How about a  portion of Scripture?  Such has been the case in the past days.  The words of Malachi have been  very special especially the first three verses of chapter three “

“Behold I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me.  And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming, says the Lord of hosts.  But who can endure the day of His coming?  And who can stand when He appears?  For He is like a refiners fire and like fullers soap.  He will sit as a smelter and purifier of silver, and He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, so that they may present to the Lord offerings in righteousness.”
    
I love to take my Bible and go down by the fire and read Zachariah and Malachi.     Such power, hope and the seeds of excitement planted in these words.  They are truly words made for this very hour when everything that can be shaken is being shaken.

Shaken yes, but notice “For from the rising of the sun even to its setting, My name will be great among the nations, and in every place incense is going to be offered to My names, and a grain offering that is pure; for My name will be great among the nations, says the Lord of hosts.” (Mal. 1:11).
   
Soooo, my young chickadees, when things get tough, the tough get going!  Today is a very hard day for me – raining and cold and every bone in my body hurts, sooo, I am going to met with a couple for breakfast and begin developing a program to reach out to the shut-ins from our church, and then go and help at the blood bank and then go and cut some wood and do some hard manual labor – why?  Because I will not come down from the mountain, I will not give in to slue foot. 

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment