Thursday, May 26, 2011

Have You Moved Any Mountains Lately?

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. For he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” (Isaiah 55:9 & Hebrews 11:6)

Hey gang, Is that not a neat model for our prayers. When we pray we should always remember that prayer, for the Christian, is not just going to a private or communal ‘wailing wall’ where we somehow can unburden our souls and move on.

Prayer is so much more. It is not merely talking to God about our problems, Prayer is an agent of change. As we pray we engage in a powerful battle in the heavenly realms. And as we persist in our prayers God’s word promises victory! Father sometimes changes the circumstances, but prayer always changes me. James gave us the good news that ”The prayers of a righteous man avails much.” (5:16).

We sometimes feel that God has not answered our prayers but keep in mind the answer may be totally different than we anticipated or requested and we miss it. I have found in my walk with the Lord, what He felt was best for me was not always what I thought was best for me.

Years ago there was a very popular television program titled “Father Knows Best”. We know that is not always so with our earthly fathers, but we do know “For our heavenly Fathers ways are higher than our ways, and His thoughts than my thoughts”. (Isaiah 55:9)

Soooo, when you pray, focus on the One you are praying to and also keep in mind the basis of our prayer is faith. It is the prayer of faith that will move the mountains.

Blessings

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment