Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Are You Living Alone?

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” (Psalm 23:4)

Hey Gang: Did you know “that man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God?

Does that mean that if we seek His word He will reveal it to me personally? You bet your sweet bippy that is what it means! Peter put it this way, As newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious” . (I Peter 2:2-3)

Wow, that is pure milk to the soul. Stop for a minute, before the day begins to crowd in among you, and write these words down on a card or the palm of your hand Your Word, my Lord is like milk and honey to my soul”.

I pray you will hear the words of a scared old dude who has been around the mountain a few times – I can measure the peaks and valleys of my life by the times I let God take control of my life and the times when I said, “Okay God, I can take it from here”.

Isaiah nailed it down in Isaiah 53:6 when he wrote, “All of us like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way”. Now turn up your dome of intellect a notch before reading the final phrase of this verse, “For the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him”.

Wow dudes, can you beat that! He carried every sin, every iniquity every transgression to the cross on his back! I have heard many say they wish they could wash away the mistakes they made in their past –if that is you, wish no more for the price has been paid in full. That is what the cross is all about – forgiveness and being washed as white as snow. Neat – heh!

Soooo good folks, be advised that you will run into a clinker in the road today or tomorrow or perhaps you will luck out and make it to next week – but this I know… Satan has his dart machine loaded and will watch your every step and every thought and fire when he knows you have left your armor in the closet. But know this also,.. God has provided a hedge of protection to protect you from his attacks!

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment