Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Is Your Eternal Insurance Paid?

Hey Gang: Do you have any special verses that you can grab when the ‘rubber-hit’s-the-road”? If someone were to ask me that question, I would be hard pressed to give them one or two verses for the entire Word of God is so very special to me. But as I thought about what I would challenge your heart with this morning, God seemed to direct me to the following portion of Scripture:

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless, you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit, for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered, and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and MY words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you” (John 15:4-7).

As you read this Scripture could you feel a sense of power building up deep in your heart?

First, is it not a joy to know that the God of this entire universe, the creator of all things invites us to abide in Jesus, His Son? There are many types of vines but only one true vine and that is Jesus Christ.

One of the great blasphemies of the day is there are many roads to God. Don’t you believe that for one moment! Jesus said “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me” (John 14:6). He also taught us to be very careful as the end of the age approaches – there will be many false teachers, prophets, preachers who will lead us down the “Prime-Rose-Path”.

Soooo, young folks, I challenge you this day to check your branch and make sure it is attached to Jesus, the Right Vine. Where you will spend eternity depends on it.

Blessings!

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment