Tuesday, July 3, 2012

AH - Come On - Really!!




 
"That the living may know: The Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind, and bestows it on whom He wishes and sets over it the lowliest of men." (Daniel 4:17). 

Hey Gang:  I was watching the news report on the Supreme Courts decision that ObamaCare was constitutional in all respects and it really ticked me off.    My Dutch dander really came to the surface and then I heard that voice that has becomes so very familiar in my walk with the Lord,'He whispered,"Did you ever stop to think what might happen if every time you feel the need to lambaste someone, you would pray for them instead?"

The bride-of-my-youth, who has put up with yours truly for 55 years, often tells the story of a young lady that really ticked her off and was eating at her gizzard.  And then one day she, too, heard that voice that said very clearly, when you think of her, pray for her.  Obediently she took God's command and shortly thereafter she grew to love this young lady.

I suspect there is a heap of grumbling going on in our nation today and some very choice words for those within the Belt-Way.  Now I also suspect that grumbling and complaining will not do much good but God does give us the key to becoming over-comers,  in 2 Chronicles 7:14:  Humble yourself, pray diligently and put all the mundane foolishness in the thrash can and follow His ways.

I am proud to be an American and proud to say I served my country in the United States Air Force.  I am proud of the twenty plus close relatives who served in the Second World war, the Korean War, Desert Storm and Afghanistan.  It makes me sad when I see and hear those who put or country down.

If we are truly God's patriots in this "Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave," we will read with new understanding the words of Peter, "Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake; whether it be to the king, as supreme or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evil doers, and for the praise of them that do well..." (I Peter 23:13-14).

Soooo, my fellow American's, what will it be with you?  Our decision today will have much to say about our tomorrows.  Paul wrote, "I exhort therefore,  that . first of all, supplications, and giving of thanks, be made for all men, for kings and for all that are in authority; that we may lead to quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty"  (1 Tim. 2:1-2).

God Bless America!! - America Bless God!!

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment