Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Poke in Reality -Part 2


Holy Land Picture of the Day  
Tel Aviv beach (ICEJ Staff photograph)Tel Aviv shoreline
Today's picture is of the beach in Tel Aviv. It reminds us of God's promise to Israel in Numbers 34:6; "As for the western border, you shall have the Great Sea, that is, its coastline; this shall be your west border

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name sake" (Psa. 23:1-3).

Hey Gang:  Yesterday I shared a tiny bit about the advent to the faster-than-sound age.  A very important point that I neglected to share was when the first jet, the Lockheed P-80 prototype was delivered to be flight tested, Chuck Yeager, a mechanic, had a deep desire to be its pilot but he lacked the credentials to be chosen.  

But, someone had his eye on this young person. On the day the test pilots were chosen, Chuck was on the list,  The Colonel, who set the standards for those he would trust in the cockpit of this new level of aircraft,  had his eyes on this young mechanic.    When the Bell X-15 came on line and needed a specially equipped person to handle the controls in this speeding bullet, the Colonel had only one name on his list - Church Yeager.

Now, I tell you this to make a point.  Sometimes we think we are just a part of the scenery and do just enough to keep the boss off our back.  That is not God's way.  Chuck was a very special kind of guy who gave one hundred percent every day and had a compulsion to be better at everything he did, every day.  He did not do it to gain attention- for he was but a maintenance man in a very hi tech business. 

Let me make Chuck's story a wee bit personal.  As I have mentioned before in my growing up years I was, to make it bluntly, a mess.  If there was a person that would qualify for the "least likely to succeed" award, there would have been no question who would get it. 

I was totally and completed convinced I would never amount  to a hill of beans, so I settled into a pattern - everyplace a went and every place I worked I did the very best job I could do.  I learned very early, if I was willing to do what others were not willing to do with quality, I would at least have a feeling of value and worth in my efforts, even if it did not move me up in the opinion polls of this world.

But like Chuck, I, too, had someone who was watching my every move, even though I did not have a clue, He (Abba Father) was directing my every step.  I believe many times we grieve the Holy Spirit when we try and do things in our own strength and fail to take advantage of what God wants to do through us.

Soooo. those of you who are beginning your climb up the ladder of life, keep in mind, "My God will supply your every need" - if you submit to His leading.  There was a movie years ago titled "God Is My Co-Pilot".  In God's sight, that is not good enough - He demands that He be our PILOT!

Blessings,  

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment