Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Does God Sometimes Change your Mind?


"Come to Me all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matt. 11:29).

Hey Gang:  I believe we would all agree that we had a winter that surpasses all others in intensity.  When we returned home from our sorte into the warm south we found the property was one huge mess, downed trees and others that were waiting for a chain saw to put them out of their misery.  It appeared that raking and pitch forking was going to be my way of life for many weeks to come and, frankly speaking, I was not sure if my eighty year old frame had the energy levels needed to complete the task.

While doing some serious soul searching in what would have to be placed on hold until I get the upper hand on the property, I decided it might be time to take a vacation from sending out the morning messages.  But let me share a neat, what I refer to as a ‘miracle’ that happens when I make such threats without consulting the Editor of the morning messages, God!  I have made such threats before and each time I do, God increases the messages that He plants in my head and the number of hits of the blog.

In my air traffic control days, when I had to resend an instruction that I had given to a pilot, I would tell him to "disregard that last transmission and stand by for new instructions".

I believe most, who are keeping their ‘feet to the fire’ would agree that world is spinning more rapidly.  I am constantly amazed that our nation has chosen to run and not walk from the Godly Foundations on which this mighty nation was built.  And it saddens my heart that a growing percentage of the people of this nation do not have a clue what awaits them just around the corner.

I remind you once again and, might say it is a warning, Hebrews 12:25-29 tells us “…everything that can be shaken is going to be shaken so those things that cannot be shaken will remain.”  I would suggest that those who do not understand what is happening, to this once great nation, not only have their head in the sand but their entire body.

And why is this happening? Jesus gives us the answer to that question in Revelation 2:4 "But this I have against you, that you have left your first love."  And what did Jesus mean?  We find that answer in His description of the Laodicean  Church where He said, "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot, I wish that you were cold or hot.  So because you are lukewarm, and neither cold or hot, I will spit you out of My mouth". (Rev. 4:15-16).

Soooo, is it too late?  No, I do not think so.  Perhaps for the old duck brigade like yours truly it is, and it shames me to turn a nation that is on a rapid downward decent to my grand's and great grand's.  I feel I have failed them.  But, they, too, must choose whom they will serve.  God made it clear that He stands at the door of every heart and awaits His children to wake up.  His irrevocable promise is clear. "If My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land" (2 Chron. 76:14).  NOTICE THE PREREQUISITE "IF".


Blessings,   

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment