Monday, October 20, 2014

When Is Enough, ENOUGH!


"And I sought for a man among them, that should build up the wall, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it.”  (Ex. 22:30)

Hey Gang:  Is there anything that would spur you to action? I mean to take up your cross and get really serious about what is happening around you?  A question was asked to Alverda King, Dr. Martin Luther King's niece, "Was there any particular event or incident that really spurred Dr. King and his followers to action?” Her response, "It seemed like it was more spontaneous than anything specific. They just knew when enough was enough, and they had to act!”

Have you asked yourself that question?  When is enough - enough? I recall a conversation between two pastors who were discussing the affairs of the country. Both agreed we are on a fast track into the dumpster but when it came to the question, is enough, enough and are you ready to become an active 'stander in the gap', both agreed that was not for the religious community to do but rather the responsibility of the government!

I am a veteran.  I love my country and would lay down my life for it.  As a matter of fact when the nineteen miss guided souls flew airplanes into Trade Center, the Pentagon and into the ground in my home state of Pennsylvania, I was ready to volunteer to return to service.  True, at the age of 68 I would not be much good in a combat situation but I certainly could mop floors, answer the phone and do other mundane jobs and release a young folk to take up arms.

Now, how do you feel about the two pastors who said it is not the church’s responsibility to take up arms?  They also said that since so many people in our nation are supportive of abortion, the church should also support abortion rights! I was offended.

I confess I am offended when I go into a church that does not display our national colors from the pulpit and I hear no prayers sent to the heavenlies on the gross sin that is so much a part of our culture today, or hear prayer offered for the brother and sisters of our Lord who are going through persecution and even death.

As I listen to the evening news, which I do less frequently these days because once a month is sufficient for the news is generally the same, I find myself asking the same question? When is enough, enough?  Where is the voice of the church?

Bill Wilson, a Senior Analyst for the weekly Koenig Report wrote the following:           
"A black Muslim man beheaded an unarmed white woman. There can be no doubt about    his ties to Islam and his belief in the 100-plus verses in the Koran that instruct good Muslims to kill infidels, especially Christians and Jews. The occupant of the Oval Office is silent. The attorney general is silent. The news media doesn’t even bother to pose a question during the White House press briefings in the days immediate after this heinous act. Yet, when an unarmed black man attacks a white armed police officer and loses his life, there are riots, investigations, political rhetoric, demands, media coverage and more. Things are out of balance.  Political correctness and race issues make it difficult to have fruitful dialogue.  When is enough, enough?

 A recent news report said over 125 million Americans between the ages of 25 and 55 are unemployed — the largest number in decades. Yet, the President touts, on the White House website, the number of jobs his administration has created. The President continues to say that Islam is a religion of peace and that violent acts do not represent Islam. Yet around the world, those representing Islam commit violent and brutal acts. We have a President who said that it is “unlikely” Ebola would spread to the United States, but it is now confirmed in America. We have a President who says the borders are secure, yet tens of thousands of illegals are streaming across the borders. "When is enough, enough?

We have a President who deceives; a media that ignores; a Congress that neglects; and a citizenry that, in part, is ignorant of the nation’s condition, and, in part, is frustrated beyond belief. The natural affection of one American to another seems gone. The ability to earn a living is diminished. The security of our nation - both at home and abroad- is threatened. It appears that none in authority is willing to address any issue, only investigate! When is enough, enough?

As the Lord said in Ezekiel 22:30: “And I sought for a man among them, that should build up the wall, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it.” We need to determine ‘when is enough, enough’, before the second part of the verse is realized: “but I found none.”  The question each of us must answer - "Am I willing and am I standing in the Gap?" Isaiah said, "Here am I send me!" 

Soooo, my friends, When is enough, enough?  "When will My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land"  signed God!     (2 Chronicles 7:14).


Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment